Sign in to follow this  
noogsy

somthing is wrong with my computer

please help me someone im really cracking up with my computer.a child who i look after somtimes was on the ps2 cheat website and since then somthing odd is going on with my computer.its running realy slow.the pages freeze.and i have to come out of the website and its driving me up the wall.i have avg,trend,spybot,ive been to nethome help,ive tried diffrent fixes.i deleted msn,google tool bar,....i was at this point realy lost so i did a system restore and things are better but not perfect.stll running slow still freezing..taken off my pop up stoper....im fact there is not a lot i havent fiddles with...lol...any ideas would be greatly appreciated.....anything....somone suggested i had a trojan in my browser???.....because i had said when im on asd site it seems to be thinking about letting me on then the bar at the bottom of the page starts jumping and changing then racing....i know what im trying to say but errm im makeing a mess of telling.....i updated everything spybot and avg but nothing is showing as a virus or anything???ok im obsessed...lol...thanks for reading....love noogsy

I can't help, sorry, but sure someone in the know will come along soon. I ended up taking my computer to computer shop twice with the same probs as you...I did have a trojan which I deleted but the guy at the shop said they sometimes get back in! It's all greek to me :wacko:

aw thanks for answering me pet....the thing is i wont message or amil anyone cos im terrified of giving someone my plague......im a modern day leper.....lol...love noogsy

Could be lots of things but the firstthing to do would be to make sure that your anti-virus software is up to date (if not, you can download a program called AVG for free from here http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/53...nti-virus-free). It's also worth getting an anti-spyware program (a good free one is here http://free-adaware-download.com/adawaredownload/ ) and making sure that it's instaleld and has the latest data files (the program should do this itself).

You also need to make sure that your PC (I'm guessing you have a PC) has all of the latest Windows updates and that the firewall is turned on. To do this, click the Start button and select Control Panel. A window should appear with a load of icons. There should be one caleld Windows Firewall - double click that and make sure that the firewall is switched ON. You can now close this and go back to the Control Panels window. On the left of the window should be an option called Windows Update - click that and follow the instructions that pop up (and use the 'Express' option rather than the 'Custom' option if/when it asks you).

What I'd do next is disconnect your PC from your modem, restart your PC and then set your virus scanner running so that it scans your entire machine for nasties. Then run the anti-spyware program and let it scan everything. Once they're both finished, restart your PC and connect your modem up again.

The last thing I'd suggest at this stage is clearing Internet Explorer's memory. If you're using Internet Explorer 6 (this might work on other versions too but I can't remember 100%) click the Tools menu at the top of the Internet Explorer window and select 'Internet Options...'. In the dialog that pops up, click on the General tab and then click the 'Delete Cookies...' and 'Delete Files...' buttons (about half way down the page). This'll clear out all of the junk that Internet Explorer has been helpfully saving for you and causing things to get slower and slower.

Give that lot a try and see if it helps any. If it doesn't then there are some other things we can try before having to scurry off to the computer repair shop.

hi the neil i jast wanted to thank you helping me with my computer.i have been sitting talking to it all weekend and managed to give myself a migraine and chronic eye strain.i can hardly bare to look at the screen....but it has stopped freezing and jumping...thanks soooo much ...love noogsy.xxx

hi the neil i jast wanted to thank you helping me with my computer.i have been sitting talking to it all weekend and managed to give myself a migraine and chronic eye strain.i can hardly bare to look at the screen....but it has stopped freezing and jumping...thanks soooo much ...love noogsy.xxx

If you ever find that talking to it doesn't help, threatening it with a lump hammer often seems to do the trick :devil: