Kathryn

INTRODUCING THE NEW SUBFORUM

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the new forum. :)

Because we have an increasing number of adults on the spectrum joining the forum (with and without a formal diagnosis) as well as a growing number of parents of older teens and adults, it's been suggested that we start a new subforum where topics of particular interest to these members could find a home.

So here it is!

Topics posted here could include: adult relationships, jobs, later diagnosis, further and higher education, benefits, independent living, and many more: if they are of particular relevance to people over the age of 16, they would fit here. At the moment, these topics end up in different parts of the forum and tend to get lost. Hopefully if they are all together in one place, people will be able to find information and help more easily and quickly, especially new members and guests. Information and links which are particularly relevant and useful can be pinned at the top here, and some existing threads in other parts of the forum can be moved here.

We all need time to try it out and get used to it, but we hope you like the new forum and that it works for you - let us know if there are any problems. We hope everyone will visit it and not see it as a separate area just for adults - every one at some point in our lives will have an interest in adult issues!

Please tell us what you think, and what information you would like to see pinned here. You can post feedback and questions on this thread or you can send a pm to one of us if you prefer.

Over to you!

Kathryn

on behalf of the moderating team.

Edited by Kathryn

Brilliant!! :clap::thumbs:

How about moving some of the relevant threads over to this new forum...it might get the ball rolling.

Bid

Hiya Bid,

Yup, there are a lot of threads that can be moved over here. But I'm not volunteering to start now - you seen the time!? :hypno::hypno::rolleyes:

K x

now what sort of dumkopf would start a new forum at that time of night??

And whaT SORT OF DUMKOPF would try to post in it at that time time of night???

Persomally, it would take at least haf a dozen attempts, so i'd say just leave it until tomorrow :P:D:D

GreAT NEW AREA lousy timing!

L&P

B D ;)

Have you been out on the pop again, BD?? :lol::shame:

Bid

It wasn't my fault - honest injun!

I've been forcing myself to go out on Ben's last few respite weekends, and several factors combine against me:

• I'm out of practice, so tend not to know my limits
  • Being 'Billy-No-Mates' at the bar on my own means I drink more and faster
  • Pubs stay open later these days :lol::lol::lol:
Last night it was even worse - the little wine bar I went to for last orders is in the process of being sold, and the new owner can't get any barrels from the brewery until it completes, so after drinking Guinness all night I was forced to switch to Pinot blummin' grigio when he ran out of bottled beer, thus 'Mixinmetoasties'...

Thankfully, the 'beer before wine, you'll be fine' rule seems to have worked in combination with the long walk home and sensible water/paracetamol consumption before bed and first thing :dance::dance: , but - yes - I was a little the worse for wear at 1.37 this morning!

So, having made my feeble excuses I will now say sorry, Kathryn/Lufty, for my message which looked at this morning came across far more rudely than I intended! :lol::lol:

Great new forum idea, and thanks for getting it up and running so quickly. Thanks too to YKW for reminding us that we needed reminding :D>:D<<'>

L&P

BD. "Look, Mum - No Typo's!!" ;)

Great to see this section is up and running :thumbs: . I'm sure lots of members will find this section very useful, I know I will :whistle: .

Annie

xx

I thought my head must be worse than I realised - I was sure I didn't remember seeing this sub-forum before :wacko:

I thought my head must be worse than I realised - I was sure I didn't remember seeing this sub-forum before :wacko:

Amazing what goes on in the middle of the night when you're asleep! :blink:;)

Just bumping this topic up till I can find a pin!

Thanks for the feedback: keep it coming.

K x

Well I've obviously joined this forum at just the right time then.... :D

J my son is 17 so we're going through stuff like grown up parties, applying for jobs/HE etc, so this is probably where I should be mostly.

Bumping up again...

While I'm here, I'll say what I should have said in the beginning: thanks to Lufty for setting up the new forum and sorting out all the technical stuff. :)

K x

Great idea,I may pop in again more often. K is 16 now and this sub forum could be really useful. Thanks

Edited by asereht

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the new forum. :)

Because we have an increasing number of adults on the spectrum joining the forum (with and without a formal diagnosis) as well as a growing number of parents of older teens and adults, it's been suggested that we start a new subforum where topics of particular interest to these members could find a home.

So here it is!

Topics posted here could include: adult relationships, jobs, later diagnosis, further and higher education, benefits, independent living, and many more: if they are of particular relevance to people over the age of 16, they would fit here. At the moment, these topics end up in different parts of the forum and tend to get lost. Hopefully if they are all together in one place, people will be able to find information and help more easily and quickly, especially new members and guests. Information and links which are particularly relevant and useful can be pinned at the top here, and some existing threads in other parts of the forum can be moved here.

We all need time to try it out and get used to it, but we hope you like the new forum and that it works for you - let us know if there are any problems. We hope everyone will visit it and not see it as a separate area just for adults - every one at some point in our lives will have an interest in adult issues!

Please tell us what you think, and what information you would like to see pinned here. You can post feedback and questions on this thread or you can send a pm to one of us if you prefer.

Over to you!

Kathryn

on behalf of the moderating team.

Hi, this is owl, I am new, but i just wanted to say that sharing advice and funny moments

for siblings could be agreat thing.- my 16 yr old suffers alot because of realtionshiop difficulties caused by his older brother's AS,and as always, knowinf you are not alone is the greatest help of all. x

Hi, this is owl, I am new, but i just wanted to say that sharing advice and funny moments

for siblings could be agreat thing.- my 16 yr old suffers alot because of realtionshiop difficulties caused by his older brother's AS,and as always, knowinf you are not alone is the greatest help of all. x

Hi owl - nice to 'see' you :thumbs:

Welcome aboard

:D

Hi everyone

good idea :)

Chris

Hi everyone

good idea :)

Chris

Doh! I am new and just posted about my daughter 19 newly dx Asperger's trying to find work and just found this thread. Hope it does not get lost :unsure:

Doh! I am new and just posted about my daughter 19 newly dx Asperger's trying to find work and just found this thread. Hope it does not get lost :unsure:

Don't worry :) The mods will move it if they think it needs moving (except for Tally - she likes to eat posts :eat::lol::devil:). I put a reply to your post after your intro post in someone else's intro thread - try finding that :lol: (It keeps the mods busy, anyway :whistle:)

Good to find this. Katie is nearly 16 newly dx and we are discovering how hard it is. Good news have been awarded dla but any advice on other help that may be available greatly appreciated.

TA Annx

Hi all,

I think its a good idea. Because Asperger's Syndrome, ASD, LD and Dyslexia that I have are not curable. So, it might be better sharing information by the ages. And, we also refer the mental health condition to other across the ages at any time we can.

Regards,

Goody >:D<<'>

great idea :clap:

Hi all,

I think its a good idea. Because Asperger's Syndrome, ASD, LD and Dyslexia that I have are not curable. So, it might be better sharing information by the ages. And, we also refer the mental health condition to other across the ages at any time we can.

Regards,

Goody >:D<<'>

Good to find this. Katie is nearly 16 newly dx and we are discovering how hard it is. Good news have been awarded dla but any advice on other help that may be available greatly appreciated.

TA Annx

i was diagnosed 14 years ago at her age. Puberty lasted longer and especially around errr a certain time of the month.

im now in my housing association flat enjoying myself and life as much as i can. Not easy with the severe depression

side of things mind you.

Alexis

I have noticed alot of post are being posted a bout mental health maybe there should be a thread on that, but it should be kept as not searchable by google, and kept as only viewable if you registered with ? Worth think about?

I have noticed alot of post are being posted a bout mental health maybe there should be a thread on that, but it should be kept as not searchable by google, and kept as only viewable if you registered with ? Worth think about?

i think that is an excellent idea, autism and mental health could be the title?

Alexis

Hi special talent

Can you start a separate thread on this in Forum Matters on the techie board?

K x

Sorry for the confusion Special talent. As a new thread about a separate mental health section has now been started elsewhere, I'm going to close this thread as it's a bit out of date.

K x