Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

any one with older girls??

Guest flutter

had dd off a bit with ladies bits pain :(

today she has needed vast amounts of pks and heat pad :(

if she needs all of this she must be in soo much pain?

i have/had endometirosis,

my Q would be how do u dd deal with pains and should i be going docs with her, and how do u think they will respond?

My dds are still too young, but as someone who had nightmare gynae problems (endometriosis, PCOS), I wish my mother had taken me to the GP about them.

I would take her to the GP and ask if there is a higher chance of her having endometriosis if you do. I am going to watch my dds like a lynx, because I don't want them having 20 odd years of misery like I did until I finally had surgery.

Good luck >:D<<'>

Bid

Edited by bid

Hi hun,

Same here - i have endo.. Mine was caused by m's emergency c-section, so it's a bit different. From what i have read about endo - it can be genetic, so i would have thought the GP would be sympathetic. Saying that, some teenage girls go through a couple of years of awful pain, as their bodies are settling down. (might be an idea to ask for an anemia test too - that will make her feel lousy)

Poor thing - >:D<<'> - it hurts like h*ll :(>:D<<'>

Hi flutter,

I agree with smiley - I think there's a settling down period for girls (if you'll excuse the awful pun :o ) and pain is not out of the ordinary. Having said that, given your history it's probably a good idea to go to the doc with your daughter.

L doesn't always want me to accompany her into the surgery any more, but on her own she gets quite nervous and forgets what she wants to say. She finds it easier to write down beforehand the problems she has, and hand that to the GP, who luckily, is very patient and approachable - and female.

She has had problems with pain in the past (round about 14/ 15 was the worst and she had to have the occasional day off school because of it) but this seems to be settling down a bit now she's 18. Baths, ibuprofen and rest all help with the worst of it. I don't know how old your daughter is but I hope her problems will lessen as she grows older.

K x

If she's going through copious amounts of pads it might be worthwhile just getting her checked to be safe. I'm another one that suffers with periods and have endo (although I didn't know that till I got sterilised after Logan!). I get meds to lessen the bleeding and for pain that I just taking during my period and it makes life so much easier.

Lynne x

i used to suffer terrible when i was a teen. once a month i was layed up in pain and terrible bleeding. my mum took me to docs and i was percribed ponstan forte, it really helped. dr said i was going through a mini labour every month :fight:

had dd off a bit with ladies bits pain :(

today she has needed vast amounts of pks and heat pad :(

if she needs all of this she must be in soo much pain?

i have/had endometirosis,

my Q would be how do u dd deal with pains and should i be going docs with her, and how do u think they will respond?

Hi Flutter,

I'm sure I've seen your posts before about your fears for this.

My daughters 13 and had severe pain/very heavy (clotting) loss every 1-2weeks for about 8 weeks - she didn't cope very well - needless to say she was extremely weak and struggling to go to school especially with the fear of what could happen - anxieties were extremely high. Our pysch. at the time spoke to our GP and between them they suggested the mini-pill which she's been on now for the past year - it's not ideally what I would have liked purely because of the risks etc with taking it - but unfortunately, she was suffering so much, her anxiety levels were so high and she was missing so much time off school. She now takes them continually and has a break each half-term or full term - which means that at least during school terms we have at least one thing that doesn't cause any anxieties or pain....!

She also struggled with the hygiene side - and didn't like me questioning (and still doesn't) about whether she's ok, does she need to change, would get extremely upset if there was anything on the bedclothes etc, also having a bath was a nightmare - a shower was much better - she is getting better with coping with it now - and it is so hard for them - they have pain, they are frightened and scared by what's happening to them and on top they feel totally its totally out of their control - but it has got better and I'm sure another year from now she'll be coping much better again.

Hang on in there - if you think she's suffering more than normal (like you I've had lots of 'women's problems' in that area and deep down you'll know whether what she has is normal - it would be regular for myself to faint often during the first few days purely from the pain - and I could see my daughter nearly passing out several times) - then a visit to the GP's won't hurt.......I took my daughter after 6 weeks (luckily the pysch. had come to the house during a particularly bad day and rang the GP to discuss it) during that 6 weeks she'd had 3 x 7 days of very heavy loss/pain and had just started again - the GP was fantastic although my daughter got upset at the thought of taking a 'tablet' because she finds it very hard - and also having her blood pressure taken - she started to cry saying that her arm felt like it was being squeezed of blood - so we decided to ride it that time and see how she went over the next month.

However, just over two weeks later she started another one and was desperate to do anything - another visit to the GP's and she agreed to try it although we did have an upset over the doctor saying that she'd unfortunately have to get used to having her blood pressure taken regularly and also the fact that the tablet had to be taken every day and not just when she had pain - but after calming down (she also thought they were saying she had to have her blood pressure taken every time she took the tablet!) she was just begging us to help her and wanted someone to make it go away.

Hope things get better soon.

Take care,

Jb

Ihave 4 girls ages 22yrs 19yrs 16yrs and 4yrs the older girls all suffer with" heavy "periods and so did i. 19yr old was dx with endro at 18yrs and i do worry about little DD as she probably won't be able to tell me if she's in real pain when she starts her periods !! its things like this that worry me already and she's only 4yrs!

Guest flutter

thank you for thoughts

my instincts were to see docs, i have a review tomoz for myself so will have a wee chat about it all

we had a weekend away, and it was harder for her cos she was in soo much pain :(

but we could see when the pain was going