Sign in to follow this  
pingu

WAV Files

Hi there.

could someone explain how i can put some voice recordings onto CD? I have captured some ramblings on my MP3 player and am trying to put these onto CD but i cant do it as my cd burning software wont entertain the WAV file.

Havent a clue what it all means, ....

:notworthy:

shaz

Hi pingu -

Not quite sure what you mean(?) Is the burning software saying it's not a recognised file type? It should BURN any sort of file, but if you are asking it to RIP (i.e. convert the sound from your MP3 player to wav or vice-versa it may be that you have to 'buy' that specific ripping feature as an add-on codec...

If you recorded it on your MP3 player, it will probably be an MP3 File (or possibly a WMA - Windows Media Audio - file, which is the microsoft version of MP3!), so you would need to convert it to a WAV file for maximum playback on a standalone CD player (some newer ones play MP3/WMA as well, but not all).

If you are running windows XP with Media player 10 or above, that now offers ripping to/from MP3 as standard. Older versions only did WMA. Try doing it in that rather than your usual burning software...

If you are running the software named after a famous Roman Emporer who liked to fiddle and watch cities burn then you MAY find it's set to convert to MP3 PRO - which is a newer format you have to buy a codec for.. try changing the options to standard MP3

Hope that's helpful - if not there's a freeware/shareware ripper/converter called DBPoweramp that should sort you out...

Hope that helps

L&P

BD

thanks BD

as always your advice is appriciated. i will have a play and see what happens lol.

cheers hun. x

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to:

1. Make a data CD containing wav files. This is only usable with a computer and not an audio CD player.

2. Make an audio CD usable with an audio CD player.

If you haven't managed this. If you let us know what burning software you use I'll try and find some info. on how you can get them onto disc. Also as asked above what do you want to use them on. If you can't encode files there are free encoders available on the web. Hence double check what is at the end of the file names. May need to go to 'View' menu, then 'Folder Options' then untick 'Hide extensions for known file types'.

Another way round your problem might be to go to Nero's website and download their trial version of their latest software. Nero is what I have always used as a burner and should manage to burn the required disc with ease. I think the trial works for something like 15 days without been registered.