Sign in to follow this  
pookie170

Caghal & Esther's educational progress!

Hi all,

just thought I'd update y'all on how things are going for Caghal and I,regarding our respective forays into the educational world.....

Caghal actually spent a whole afternoon in the mainstream primary 3 class without incident-I was gobsmacked!! He's doing well, and as I discovered at the Base Xmas party,he has settled in really well. His teachers partake in games devised by Caghal, as a treat when he's done well-these mainly consist of chasing him round the Sensory room-he's a 'pesky fly' and the teachers must swat him with a foamy shape! :wacko: He's also taken on the role of mouthpiece for another child who uses PECS-it's rather sweet to watch him tend to this child's every need! So he's really happy in his unit, thank heavens!

As for me, college is going really well too. I have managed, thus far,NOT to spill E.Coli vials everywhere, thus contaminating the entire class, but my crowning moment had to be when I offered to carry the extremely full box of glassware to the steriliser and promptly dropped the lot!! :whistle: Oops! I think one, solitary beaker survived! :wub: But I've managed to gain a couple of merits for essays, so I'm rather chuffed. I even do a passable imitation of someone who looks like she knows what she's doing when I don my lab coat! I have a minor complaint, though-why do safety goggles HAVE to look so ridiculous?!? And all the wee 'in' jokes among the lecturers-they usually involve amusing bacterial anecdotes with witty illustrations....arrgh, I'm officially a geek!!

But no, it's great fun, both Caghal and I are enjoying ourselves. And the support I've found on this site has been utterly invaluable. I know there's a few others on this site whose children are about to start at a new school, I truly hope all goes well for you, and I wish everyone all the very best for the New Year.

:cheers:

Esther x

Great news on all counts then - well done both of you!

Pesky Fly! Was c. an angel in the nativity, or does he know anyone else who was? They won't be needing the wire coathanger/15 denier stocking 'wings' again for a whole year - would really add some realism to the swatting games :D

If you're wearing a white lab coat I hope you're doing it properly; a minimum of fifteen bic biros in the top pocket, 2 black to 1 Red ratio with 1 each of green and blue 'just in case'... It don't get any 'geekier' than that ;)

Seriously, well done you, and well done Caghal. :D

Hi Esther :D , it's really lovely to hear such great news on both counts, good to know that Caghal has settled in nicely and continuing to progress at The Base and it's great to hear that you're doing so well, but one thing Pooks... get that computer fixed wumun! And make sure you stay in touch!!! :P:rolleyes:

Take care, have a lovely festive break from all things educational and speak with you again, with very best wishes from Helenxx >:D<<'> :notworthy:

Edited by Helen

Well done Esther and Caghal :clap::clap:B)

It's so good to hear such good news, you're quite a pair! Congratulations on the merits Esther, although I'm not surprised. :notworthy::notworthy:

Just make sure you keep in touch!!

Have a great New Year. :party:

Nellie xx

Brilliant.

It is inspiring to know that it really does work out!

I dunno, i bet you look very fetching in your white lab coat, oooh er missus!

Let us know how you both get on! :wub:

Take care,

Kirstie.