Sign in to follow this  
loulou

statement

Hello everyone,

I've just received a call from my son's named officer who told me that the panel are meeting on Friday to discuss his statement. B)

She sounded really positive that they were going to recommend a special school for Kai, which is what he needs.

I don't want to raise my hopes too much, but this is the most positive news i've heard in a year!

The head from the special school I'm interested in called me to say that they had spaces and i'm going to look around on Monday.

I hope 2005 works out to be a good year for us all,

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Fingers crossed,

Loulou

Everything crossed for Friday!

I know what you are going through, as we were in the same situation in the Autumn >:D<<'>

Good luck,

Bid :wacko:

Thanks everyone for your replies.

The LEA have told me ithey won't have the "results" of my son's statement meeting until early next week. :(

I can't believe thay will all know the outcome tomorrow except me!

Oh, well, a few more days won't make much difference.

I will let you know the outcome.

Loulou

Hi, I didn't manage to get any information about the meeting, but my named officer gave the impression that they sould agree that my son needs special educational provision (ie special school). If that's what they decide (they had better!), then it goes to a further panel on the 18th.

She's going to let me know either monday or tuesday. Thankfully i'll be busy at work until then so it should take my mind off it.

I'm going to visit a special school on Monday afternoon, which apparently is the one the LEA will choose for the area i live in.

Thanks everyone for crossing everything for me!!!!! :D>:D<<'>

Loulou x

Hi everyone,

Good news! :thumbs:

I've just recieved a call from the LEA and they are recommending that my son goes to a special school. The panel is meeting again next tuesday and then they will draw up his draught statement. I'm so pleased because he has been off school for 10 months and there's no way he'll cope in mainstream again.

At long last they have listened to me!

Thanks everyone for wishing me luck,

Loulou >:D<<'>

Hi everyone,

I did feel like celebrating until the head teacher at the EBD school told me he didn't have a place for Kai. :tearful:

He did say however that he would do everything he could to try to accomodate him. There are no other EBD schools in my area that are 1/2 as good, so i'm going to stick to my guns!

Should find out what's happening next wednesday.

Please everyone, can you cross everything for me again?

It worked before! :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Loulou x

Hi everyone

Just spoken to the LEA and they said they are definately going to place my son in a special school. Phew!

The only problem is, the school doesn't have a place for him, so the head teacher has called a meeting on Friday to discuss whether they can do a bit of "moving around" to accomodate my son.

I'll find out on Monday. I'll have to try to occupy my mind on something else until then!

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Loulou x

Hi Loulou,

It's nice to hear for a change of someone who actually wants to accommodate a child and their parent.

Hope it all works out well for your son :pray: