Sign in to follow this  
lisa

Back to School Blues

Is anyone else feeling the "back to school blues"? I've had a lovely christmas break, my kids seem to have relaxed and are happy, we've been enjoying getting up late and have totally de-stressed.

Today was our first day back and already I can feel myself getting wound up again. Laura came out of school quite happy but by the time we were home she started "flaring up" over the slightest thing and is being really rude and grumpy towards everyone. Back to reality with a bump!

On a more positive note, Jack's new LSA started today and even though I've put the school down on this site on many an occasion they did handle the transition from one LSA to the other well. He met the new lady quite a few times and she had him for a morning last term so he knew what to expect. She seems to genuinely want to help him and has took a bundle of reports and "Freaks, Geeks and Aspergers Syndrome" home to read over the holidays. When I asked him what he thought of his new LSA today he said "she's absolutely perfect!" Let's hope it carries on.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Sorry you have 'back to school blues'. Hope things improve tomorrow. I remember dreading school holidays and then dreading them going back!!

Good news about Jack's LSA, :thumbs:

"she's absolutely perfect!"
Bless him! :wub:

Long may it continue.

Nellie xx

>> I remember dreading school holidays and then dreading them going back!!

That about sums it up.

R went in at break time and did very little - apparently he "has to get used to it all again" - however, he could not specify how long this might take !

Karen

I've got them too... In December I wrote a letter to the school asking to allow my son to stay in the library while he waits for me to collect him. He was not given free transport and I began to work today. He said the library was closed and he walked around the school all by himself. No reply to my letter either... :wallbash: