Sign in to follow this  
soraya

mountains?

Can you tell me what the mountains after our names mean? sorry if this is a silly question but i am quite new!!!

Hi Soraya,

Not a silly question at all - others may be wanting to know the answer too.

The more posts you make, the higher your mountain, so every new member starts off on the Norfolk Broads, which is flat, then as you add to your number of posts you climb up up various peaks including Snowdon, Ben Nevis - until you reach Kilimanjaro. At which point you probably need to climb down and get a life.. :oops:

Hope this answes your question. :)

K x

Except that Mt Mk Kinley is actually above Kilimanjaro. (Geography was never my best subject! :unsure::rolleyes:)

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

That is correct and how the forum ranking is configured :-

0-9 is Norfolk Broads

10-49 is Salisbury Hill

50-99 is Scafell Pike

100-249 is Snowdon

250-499 is Ben Nevis

500-999 is Mt Blanc

1000-2499 is Kilimanjaro

2500-4999 is Mt McKinley

5000-9999 is K2

10000+ is Everest

Regards

Lufty

Except that Mt Mk Kinley is actually above Kilimanjaro. (Geography was never my best subject! :unsure::rolleyes:)

K x

Can you tell me what the mountains after our names mean? sorry if this is a silly question but i am quite new!!!

No need to be embarrassed. I have been on the forum for ages but I still spent a couple of weeks wondering why we had so many new members from the Norfolk Broads area........

Edited by mossgrove

I wonder who will be first to Everest rank. Looks like Kathryn is going to be at K2 soon not that it will display it. Bid is the closest person to actually having it by her name. (Out of the people who still post.)

David, you joined a little after me and I always have kept an eye on your number of posts/mountain status (just a little game I have with myself) think you are about a 100 in front of me at the mo (but then I was without internet for a month or so !!!) but still same mountain :lol::lol::lol:

Clare x

David, you joined a little after me and I always have kept an eye on your number of posts/mountain status (just a little game I have with myself) think you are about a 100 in front of me at the mo (but then I was without internet for a month or so !!!) but still same mountain :lol::lol::lol:

Clare x

Your probably catch up over the summer then. I am in Kenya for just over a month and unlikely to be able to post very often. I'll try to occasionally to let you know how things are going but I doubt I'll have many opportunities. :)

Your probably catch up over the summer then. I am in Kenya for just over a month and unlikely to be able to post very often. I'll try to occasionally to let you know how things are going but I doubt I'll have many opportunities. :)

Knowing you David you will make the most of those opportunities, we'll certainly look forward to hearing all your adventures.

The race is on .........

Clare x

It seems you can't be both a moderator and a mountain. :unsure: I'd like to be K2 - Lufty can I have a mountain pleez? :pray::lol:

Don't worry David, you can always climb the real Kilimanjaro while you're in Kenya. :) Something I've always longed to do, actually.

K x

It seems you can't be both a moderator and a mountain. :unsure: I'd like to be K2 - Lufty can I have a mountain pleez? :pray::lol:

Don't worry David, you can always climb the real Kilimanjaro while you're in Kenya. :) Something I've always longed to do, actually.

K x

Kilimanjaro can be seen from Kenya but it is actually in Tanzania. Have got there in terms of posts though. It is a little worrying considering how long I've been here. Will certainly slow down for a little while now. Others might have to post for me instead. If I can't get online will used my mobile to text people to update you all on how I'm doing. Not fit enough to consider attempting Kilimanjaro either. Might do Longonot if I get the chance though. Would be cool to climb a dormant volcanoe. Though may get reclassified as extinct soon. Since they built the geothermal power station near it's base there no longer is steam escaping from the summit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Longonot

EDIT: If I'm ever fit enough it would be nice to climb Kilimanjaro. I understand from one of the ex-pats I met last time it isn't too difficult. He considered the lowest of the 3 peaks of Mt. Kenya far more challenging. The higher two peaks require you to be a very experienced rock climber so certainly will be giving them a miss.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

I'm no good with heights, could a mod make me a mud flat in Sheppey? :P

Elmley Marshes??? You could try PMing a mod or admin and see if they'll let you have a custom one. I know some other forums do. Often the mods have fun and come up with some amusing ideas for the regulars or people they want to wind up. Now what should BD change Hevs to. ;)

I was getting really excited as I saw I was approaching my 2000'th post :dance::dance::dance:

Just realised I don't get a new mountain until 2500 :(:(:(

:oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

think we all need to get a life :whistle:

i also wondered why everyone came from the norfolk broads :whistle:

well i think id better start yacking cos im way off my next mountain

love donnax

I flew over Kilimanjaro 3 times in July, and have been thinking about climbing it one day . . . I would have to do some exercise first though!

I flew over Kilimanjaro 3 times in July, and have been thinking about climbing it one day . . . I would have to do some exercise first though!

Wouldn't climbing Kilimanjaro be enough exercise?

You youngsters, full of :bounce:

Better take Mumble.

hi i live v close to the norfolk broads and i just thought there were a lot of members living close by.but now i no and think its a clever way of doing things with a sense of humour which we all need.