Sign in to follow this  
bluejean-genie

information required please.

Hi and Happy New Year to everyone, (sorry its late, but my computer's been broken until recently)

I have had another visit from the ED Psych at home and he has agreed that my son is very vunerable with complex difficulties.

I am now trying to see if I can gain LEA permission for my son to be flexi-schooled but as our LEA has never done it before (according to an ASD lady) I need to find other areas that have agreed to this style of schooling for ASD children, in the hope that I may be able to persuade them that this is in my son's best interest. Any help or advice will be very welcome, thank you.

Hi

I live in Solihull LEA and my son's school have agreed to flexi schooling. He attends school for the core curriculum subjects - Maths, English, and Science. He has also chosen to attend for Geography. All other subjects he is taught at home but the school support me in doing it. PM me if I can help any further. My son is 13 and due to take his Key Stage 3 stats in May so I think he is a similar age to your son.

The Doctor from CAHMS supported me in my request to the school and she said that my son was not the only one who the school had agreed to flexi-schooling for.

Edited by Tez