Sign in to follow this  
cinqgirlracer

Educational Consultation Report

I have just recieved the long awaited report from educational phychology service and theres a few pionts i dont understand can any one put it in simple terms for me?

1. "disproportionate"

2."admonitions"

3. "condidered at risk of exclusion if the demands of managing him do not ameliorate"

Thanks

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

This is my interpretation of the information you have provided:

*disproportionate - this means out of proportion, e.g. either too large/too small

*admonitions - hadn't heard of this word before now, had to check it out in the dictionary, it means 'warning'.

*considered at risk of exclusion if the demands of managing him do not ameliorate - it sounds as if your son has challenging behaviour? I guess this would mean that if school isn't able to manage your son's behaviour ( the situation doesn't improve), the school could exclude him.

Why don't you contact the EP for an accurate explanation? Then you won't be in doubt as to what the report means. Once the EP has spoken with you, you could mention any concerns you have.

Apart from the EP stating what the problems are, he/she ought to have made certain suggestions/ recommendations in his/her report, giving the school some ideas on how to help your son, i.e. possible strategies for dealing with any behavioural issues.

Edited by Helen