643 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you based?

• England
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • Europe (non UK)
    • Other

Hi all

Have been lurking and meaning to introduce myself.

I have a 6 yr old with severe autism (non verbal)

:D

Hi there! welcome... look forward to chatting with ya! :jester:

[Whoopy-doo! I've been lurking in black type for a few days, and now I've been promoted to blue - this means I'm now free to unleash the Martian beast.]

So, hello everyone,

I'm a married father of three beautiful and healthy children; two boys and a girl. The youngest boy, Tom, is three-and-a-half and 'somewhere on the spectrum'. We live near Glasgow, so don't mess!

I've got loads to say, but I'll keep this short.

From what I've read, you are all a pretty knowledgable and friendly bunch - I've been looking for a good forum for ages and it looks like I've landed in the right place. :D

[Whoopy-doo! I've been lurking in black type for a few days, and now I've been promoted to blue - this means I'm now free to unleash the Martian beast.]

So, hello everyone,

I'm a married father of three beautiful and healthy children; two boys and a girl. The youngest boy, Tom, is three-and-a-half and 'somewhere on the spectrum'. We live near Glasgow, so don't mess!

I've got loads to say, but I'll keep this short.

From what I've read, you are all a pretty knowledgable and friendly bunch - I've been looking for a good forum for ages and it looks like I've landed in the right place. :D

Welcome, Martian from (near) Glasgow. Are there many of you foreigners in Scotland then?

(just joking!) This is the place to be if you have any Aspergers/ASD probs, the people on here are a fantastic, knowledgeable and sympathetic bunch, wot more can I say? :band: This forum Rocks!

A warm welcome to all new members !

Thanks Slap,

We're all foreigners up here! Oh, and when global warming raises the sea-level by 10 metres,

you folk down in East Anglia will be first on the bus up to Jockland.

And you'll be most welcome, too! :D

Cheers Martian, thanks for the invite to jockland, but last time I checked the forecast map, my house was overlooking the beach instead of being 6 miles inland, so i think I will stay here and catch up on my fishing!

Hi !

My name is Kathy and I am mum to 2 beautiful daughters - 7 & 4. My 7 year old daughter was diagnosed aged 4 with Asperger Syndrome and is a real character as you can imagine. My 4 year old is also a real character - 4 going on 54 :lol:

I also have a husband - thought I had better give him a mention!

Came across this forum and decided to sign up to see for the odd chat, moan or laugh!

Looking forward to getting to know you

Hi Kathy,

Welcome :D

I'm Debs, and our youngest daughter is 5 and has muscular dystrophy and ASD.

Hope you find the forum as supportive as I have.

Hi !

My name is Kathy and I am mum to 2 beautiful daughters - 7 & 4. My 7 year old daughter was diagnosed aged 4 with Asperger Syndrome and is a real character as you can imagine. My 4 year old is also a real character - 4 going on 54 :lol:

I also have a husband - thought I had better give him a mention!

Came across this forum and decided to sign up to see for the odd chat, moan or laugh!

Looking forward to getting to know you

high kathy nice to meet you i have 5 children 4 boys 1 girl 6 wih aspergers all the best jill

Hi Kathy, welcome to the forum - glad you found us! I look forward to talking to you,

Kathryn :)

Hi my name is Karen I live in London I have one son B who is 8 and has DCD with aspergers traits -he is very bright with a vast vocabulary but can be exhausting to parent.We are in the limbo land of obtaining a statutary assessment for him which has become my new job.I also have a son Joel who is 10 and a great husband.A mum told me about this forum and I have found it really helpful.You appear to be a great bunch of people so thought I would identify myself instead of hiding on the edge.Thnks Karen.

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the forum, glad you've decided to join us - you're right, we are a great bunch. ;)

I know what you mean about getting a Stat. assessment being your new job - a lot of people round here will identify with that one. :wacko:

I look forward to getting to know you,

HI AM DONNA IM NEW HER BUT HAV FOUND EVERYBODY REALLY HELPFUL I HAV 2 CHILDREN REECE WHO IS NEARLY 6 WHO IAM STILL TRYING TO GET DX THINK HE HAS AUTISM BUT NO PSYCHIATRISTS IN OUR AREA TO ASSES HIM AT THE MOMENT ALSO HAV A NEARLY 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER I ADORE MY CHILDREN BUT JUST LOOKING FOR SOME HELP AND SUPPORT

Hi there,

I'm a single parent to R a 9 3/4 year old boy diagnosed AS at 3 1/2 yrs old! I was lucky I know!! The diagnosis only took 3.5 months from first referal to CDC - to receiving diagnosis. However since then Ive been more or less left on my own to deal with any difficulties as they arise.

I've been lurking for a while and found your forum very useful -re DLA and explanations as to behaviours etc. My DS is mainstreamed and just about to finish P5 and start P6 (scottish System) and really struggling with the social side of things - re bullying at schol and he's / I am very anxious /depressed about the whole situation. IEP /review mwewting this week - where I plan to give it laldi!! (Spelling??)

Although I have just signed up to the forum as I said before I've been snooping for a while and wanted to thank all the posters for the all their honesty -made me realise I wasn't alone!!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I've finally plucked up the courage to post and look forward to becoming an active member.

Cheers for now

Ceebee

Hi CeeBee, Karen and Donna

Welcome :D

Our youngest dd (5) has muscular dystrophy and ASD dx Nov. I've found this forum SO helpful, and wouldn't be without it now :D

Take care

Edited by Bagpuss

Hi

Im an 18 year A-level student diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome at the age of 13, since then a lot of people have been trying to support me, My mum especially, Im Lisa's son, and i know she is a member here.

One reason for joining is because i am looking to find some ideas for an A-level DT project im doing, and i thought this would be the best place to start, mum recommended it. But i also hope that if i need extra help and support for other things. I will be able to come here and ask, if i am confused or in a panic. And form what i have seen everyone here seems very helpful and nice :)

I hope i will be able to get to know more people while i am a member here, and hopefully meet others about my age with the same problems.

Thanks for reading

Chris

>:D<<'> hello there chris, you seem a right lovely young chap, nice to have you on the forum :D

Hi there....My name is Eve, I'm a single parent with 3 children. My son who's 14yrs has Aspergers and Adhd difficult combination :( He was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 4yrs, the Adhd was diagnosed when he was 7yrs, he's currently taking Concerta for this.

I also have a daughter who's 16yrs (whom I am sure has the same) and another son who's 11 he's fine.

Thanks for the welcome I am sure I will find this site helpful.

eve :D

Edited by xevex

Hi Pauline and welcome to the forum.

Everyone starts off in the Norfolk Broads when they join - when you've made a few posts you'll find yourself on a mountain, like Snowdon or Ben Nevis and eventually, if you become seriously addicted to the forum and post a lot, you'll reach Kilimanjaro. :lol:

Hi Pauline and welcome to the forum.

Everyone starts off in the Norfolk Broads when they join - when you've made a few posts you'll find yourself on a mountain, like Snowdon or Ben Nevis and eventually, if you become seriously addicted to the forum and post a lot, you'll reach Kilimanjaro. :lol:

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, thanks so much for the welcome, right now my bed is calling me, has been for hours now I just haven't been listening :rolleyes: ... I'll be back tomorrow.

Hi, My name is Jess. My son has Aspergers/high functioning autism amongst other things. I live in Central London and was wondering if anybody knows of playschemes for teenagers with asd. My son is a little old for this(16) but I have a friend who has a 13 yr old who can't find anything to do in his spare time-he has classic aspergers and finds it difficult to get involved in activities. Any ideas?

If is the wrong area of the board to go to, please direct me...

Jess

Hi Jess,

Welcome to the forum :) . I look forward to getting to know you.

If you start a new topic in the Help and Advice section of the forum and post your question again, more people will see it and someone will hopefully come along with an answer!

Kathryn

Hi There

I am new to this forum and have two children on the spectrum. My daughter (almost 8) has Aspergers and my son 9 has HFA, Dyspraxia and we have a psychological assessment on Thursday where I expect them to confirm Dyslexia and SID. We are in Ireland so our system is a bit different here but the trials and tribulations we all go through are universal.

I'm looking forward to getting some much needed help and support here :thumbs:

Hi Minnie,

Welcome - I'm sure you'll get a lot from the forum, as we all do! I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Everyone

I'm Justine, married mother of two living in the suburbs of Manchester. 7 yr old DS was finally diagnosed February 2006 with mild ASD (EP just completed GAD form which showed high/probable Aspergers) after 5 yrs fighting the system. I have DD 13 yrs NDX, relatively happy as teenager's go, at local Grammar School.

Just been thru Parental request for Statement, which was initially rejected but got on the case for resubmission and finally got formal assessment agreed. Lost about ten years off my life and just about to lose another ten completing DLA form. And for my sins I'm just about to embark on starting a Childminding service beg of August.

Husband get's out of the loop by working abroad most of the time! Lucky devil.

Amazingly, this post has only taken half an hour to type with only five interruptions!

Looking forward to joining your forum.

Justine

Welcome Justine and all our new members :)

Well done Justine on finally getting the LEA to agree to assess :clap: .

Look forward to 'chatting' to you.

Annie

:D

Edited by annie

I'm caren 36 from lancs mum to louise 18 , jamie 15 , lewis 14 (who has aspergers) jade 12 , kirk 9 (has learning disabities) and kurtis 6 (who has autsim) step mum to emma 21 and kelly 19 , step granny to kyle and archie

Also have a nephew who's non-verbal with autsim

Hope to get to know you all :P

Hi caren great that you have joined us.I started posting here in June,cannot believe how kind and supportive people and they see the funny side of life.Hope you find the same.Sounds like you will be kept busy with your tribe. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Karen

>:D<<'> Caren so glad you made your way here,you will find the forum invaluable x

I'm caren 36 from lancs mum to louise 18 , jamie 15 , lewis 14 (who has aspergers) jade 12 , kirk 9 (has learning disabities) and kurtis 6 (who has autsim) step mum to emma 21 and kelly 19 , step granny to kyle and archie

Also have a nephew who's non-verbal with autsim

Hope to get to know you all :P

:D welcome to the forum caren.

Lauren

hi im janet age 39, mum to 3 kids emma 16, sam 7 and ben 5. sam is severly Autistic none verbal and as very challenging behaviour, we are from lancashire and have problems with education and social services and i think its time all mums stood up for what our kids are entitled to and get rid of tony blair. :lol::lol::lol::lol: hope to talk to some of you soon thanx janet

Hi everyone,

I'm Elaine. I have three lovely children - two boys and a girl. My boys are on the autistic spectrum. They are adorable, but their ASD has certainly made life more challenging over the last few years.

It's really nice to find such a friendly and positive forum. I shall be posting soon