Sign in to follow this  
krystaltps

I'm getting right fed up with Spongebob, and thought it would be lovely to put in a piccy of my wee beagle. I tried to upload it from my beagle blog... did all that URL stuff with copy and paste, but it just isn't having it.... seems to be too long and won't let me paste in the whole URL, then it shouts at me about being invalid! I know it's not invalid cos it worked on my blog profile.

Do any of you technology-able peeps out there know how I can get it to work?

I'll try to post the piccy as a link....

http://bp1.blogger.com/_J9N0enTRB2Q/Rz-OvC...EuF4/s320/1.jpg

Edit: oooh, worked as a link... that way you can see the URL.

Ta for any advice...

Edited by krystaltps

Sorry krystaltips - I don't know enough to help you.

Hopefully an expert will be along to help. Baddad is pretty good at this kind of thing. :)

K x

Hi Krystal tips...

don't know how you're trying to do it but you need to got to 'My controls' and 'Edit avatar'... in the second box (Use an image from external source) you need to paste the direct link to the picture (URL) - not to the page (HTTP) it is displayed on.

You may get a message saying that the image will be resized, but that should be it...

hope that helps

L&P

BD :D

Thanks Kathryn and Baddad.

Baddad, that's what I did the first time, pasted the direct link to the piccy (the same one I used when pasting it for my blog profile) into the second box.... but it seems to be too long and leaves out the last few characters and won't let me type them in manually. Then it shouts about being invalid - which of course it is cos it's not all there....

I just done mine from photobucket to see how....

**In Photobucket**

First upload pic...... you will need to reg(its easy, I did it)

Then click on pic

Resize (it will say avatar beside it)

then click on view album

Right Click on IMG Code and it will say copied

**Now goto asd forum**

Goto My controls on here, and into avatar

paste the link from photobucket

****delete which appears at the begining of the the link and the end

update and you should have it :)

Edited by farfalla

Hurrah!!!!

As you can see it worked. Thanks for all the advice peeps. The lovely and technically gifted Baddad did all the hard work for me, he loaded it onto photobucket. Methinks will have to try this photobucket thing out - thanks for the instructions Farfalla.

The beagle is Buttons. I posted on the forum about 2 years ago asking for views on the pros and cons of getting a canine companion for C - Butty was the result. He and C never hit it off (Butty is frightened of his flapping and screaming), but he's been a huge success with the rest of us (in particular, me). He is my youngest (and smelliest) son :unsure: .

Lol, that's what my mum calls him (not Snoopy, but "the bagel").

What I can't understand about Snoopy is how he got so successful with such poor markings... I mean - he has NONE! I think he must be a cross-breed.

Have uploaded loads of pics onto photobucket, so may change my avatar on a regular basis now... I have Butty with sunglasses, Butty driving, Butty wrapped in baby-blanket (he hates the cold), and I have Daisy (my DD's shih tzu)...

OOOhhh the possibilities.

Awwwwwwww he's gawjus..... now I can't wait to see all the other piccies can we have the sunglasses B) one next and how about getting some antlers for a Christmas version :lol:

What a great name too

Clare x x x

Awwwwwwww he's gawjus..... now I can't wait to see all the other piccies can we have the sunglasses B) one next and how about getting some antlers for a Christmas version :lol:

What a great name too

Clare x x x

Awww, thanks Clare. Great idea about the antlers... but would have to leave them lying around for DD to do it. I have to try to be responsible and not dress the doggies! DD has been looking at a website that sells posh doggie clothes and is desperate to buy a combat jacket for Butty and a L'il princess diamante t-shirt for Daisy :unsure: .

The sunglasses happened while I was playing the DS with the boys - when we finished and looked up, Butty was decked out in sunglasses and matching Barbie hat and scarf! Bless the wee man - he slept through it all.

Here's a link to the sunglasses pic:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x119/kr...-08-07_1523.jpg

What's your little fella/girly in your avatar called?

Awww, thanks Clare. Great idea about the antlers... but would have to leave them lying around for DD to do it. I have to try to be responsible and not dress the doggies! DD has been looking at a website that sells posh doggie clothes and is desperate to buy a combat jacket for Butty and a L'il princess diamante t-shirt for Daisy :unsure: .

The sunglasses happened while I was playing the DS with the boys - when we finished and looked up, Butty was decked out in sunglasses and matching Barbie hat and scarf! Bless the wee man - he slept through it all.

Here's a link to the sunglasses pic:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x119/kr...-08-07_1523.jpg

What's your little fella/girly in your avatar called?

Ooooooooooo just had a lookie at the sunglasses picture sooooooo cute, he does not seem to mind at all, but then again as you say he was sleep.

My little doggie is a girl called Cally, she is a double rescue we got her at 5 months old, she's 2 yrs now and such a sweetie :wub: , I am not allowed to dress her up, my DH went mad when I brought her a pink collar with a little pink heart dog tag on !!!!

I look forward to seeing butty in a nice Christmassy outfit in due course.

Clare x x x x

Oooooooh yes that's the avvy I liked, Butty looking cool in his sunnies !!! Really need to up date mine......now let me have a think..............................

Clare x x x

Oooh, what about decorating those ears? Xmas baubles, some tinsel?

You saying my dog got BIG EARS !!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Ah bless yeah know she got big ears she's my ickle foxy lady :wub:

Clare x x x x

As my kids would say: Coooo-ooool! Hurry, get them on her and take a pic! Then post the antlers to me :lol:

have taken the snaps but can't find the dam USB lead thingy.....but I am working on it !!!!

My boy is famous! Well, sort of... he made it onto a website anyway.

Tux gave me a link to post piccies to, so I sent off Butty driving... and it's on - here it is:

http://www.stuffonmymutt.com/

He's the third one down.

Have taken Butty's Xmas avvy pic, just need to upload it and it will be next to my name soon. Coming to an avatar near you: Butty in santa hat! :rolleyes:

Clare, you find your USB lead yet?

Edited by krystaltps

Thanks Clare, he was rather confused about the whole thing...you can tell by the particularly vacant expression. I reached new heights of madness for this particular photo-shoot, I sat for half an hour yesterday trimming down an adult-sized santa hat and sewing it up so that it would fit Butty's meatball head. The kids were delighted though.

You must find that USB... we could start a topic: Festive Mutts :D .

Was thinking perhaps some micro-lights on the antlers.....

No, must not be getting carried away.....

Well this is my first effort, think I am going to have to take the photo a bit closer, but a black dog on a navy arm chair does not show up too well. Think I'll give poor wee Cally a break for a bit from her photo shoot and have another go later in the week !!!!

Clare x x x

PS - No animal was harmed or put through any distress in the making of this avatar.

Edited by Clare63

:clap::clap::clap:

Oh Clare, she looks adorable. Bless Cally and her antlers :wub:

Bet you're glad you got that new USB cable?

Buttons is a smidgen jealous now methinks - perhaps Santa will bring him some antlers.

You could send the pic to this link that Tux gave me and introduce Cally to internet stardom:

Butty was on it last week.

:clap::clap::clap:

Oh Clare, she looks adorable. Bless Cally and her antlers :wub:

Bet you're glad you got that new USB cable?

Buttons is a smidgen jealous now methinks - perhaps Santa will bring him some antlers.

You could send the pic to this link that Tux gave me and introduce Cally to internet stardom:

Butty was on it last week.

I saw Butty on there.....sooooo cute !

I'll have to get Connor to do it for me as I am so rubbish at doing stuff like that, Connor put this picture on for me and he had to chop it about to make it fit, he goes so fast I have not a clue what he's doing, apart from moaning at me for taking such a rubbish picture.... nice child 'eh ?? I am going to practice and get a nice clear one like you have :notworthy: .

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Clare x x x