Sign in to follow this  
Tally

How Do I . . .

How do I get an icon that I can double clock to open Word, rather than going through the Start menu?

I want to do the same for Media Player, but I guess the mechanism is the same.

I am using WindowsXP.

Hi tally -

just open your list of programmes, point to word and click on it, and holding the button down drag word onto the desktop. It'll create a shortcut there. Alternatively, if you just right click on the highlighted programme at stage 1 you get a 'send to' options menu, one of which will be 'desktop (create shortcut)' and you just click on that...

Chances are you've already got a media player quickstart icon on the quickstart tray.. next to the 'start' button you've probably got (ie) internet explorer/outlook express and a few others. Media player if it's there is a red/green/yellow/blue circle with a pointer >

You may need to expand the quickstart task bar to see it, but once you've done it once it should stay visible.

If you haven't, do as above for word. If you have, you only need to click 'quickstart' icons once. If you click twice you get two incidences of the same programme open. depending on prog, that can lock the pc up!

Hope that helps

BD :D

How do I open my list of programmes?

I don't have any quickstart icons. The Ex set up my computer and may have removed them . . . I prefer the other type anyway :)