Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

think i may be home edding soon

Guest Lya of the Nox

have had to round up evidence ourselves for the move this school were doing

have now been told that this placement often wont take kids with asd

there is nowhere around here for her to go! she needs a statment and that aint happenin

the girly stuff is now sorted, and we have been cleaning so she is now bit better, and writing her own letter of please let me go to your school

x

Guest Lya of the Nox

yes

and have been told by peeps who are trying to help us that there is no point

i live in kent for a start, the school would not support us

and the biggest bit is that i would not cope with the battle, and that would not help her at all, if i fall apart

thanx for thoughts,

glad you had fun in sunny ayr lol

x

I decided that I could not stand the battle either (which is strange given that I am an ardent campaigner) and that I did not want my son to be the meat in the sandwich while the battle was raging. Home ed turned out to be the right thing for my son and also for us. We have a life again. My son does not have to try to 'fit in' with what the education systems says he must and we just get on with our lives :) Making it a win win situation for us ;)

Cat

Hi Cat

I don't want to embarass you too much but your post really touched me, what a great parent you must be to take on board all that responsibility with such great results.

Good luck.

All you home eds out there need to contact your LEA. We are being funded for on line learning called accippio, it is fantastic Nick has 3 lessons a day and it is all done on line with a virtual teacher who the kids talk to through headphones. The good thing is they dont have to fit in with other kids, but they are being taught by a real teacher, l cannot praise it enough it has saved my life as l am no teacher and Nick used to fight me all the way, but he loves his on line school

All you home eds out there need to contact your LEA. We are being funded for on line learning called accippio, it is fantastic Nick has 3 lessons a day and it is all done on line with a virtual teacher who the kids talk to through headphones. The good thing is they dont have to fit in with other kids, but they are being taught by a real teacher, l cannot praise it enough it has saved my life as l am no teacher and Nick used to fight me all the way, but he loves his on line school

Hi Soraya,

I was very intrigued about Accipio and have looked further into this. I have a meeting tomorrow with the LEA where I want to push for Accipio and home tuition to be a back-up for my daughters education for the periods where she does not attend school. She was absent for all of 2007, with the exception of 3 weeks, during which I had to wait 5 months for 6 hours a week home tuition to kick in.

Can I enquire whether you have Accipio detailed in a statement? If so, is it the primary provision in place of your child having a named school to attend?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Elefan

Hi Soraya,

I was very intrigued about Accipio and have looked further into this. I have a meeting tomorrow with the LEA where I want to push for Accipio and home tuition to be a back-up for my daughters education for the periods where she does not attend school. She was absent for all of 2007, with the exception of 3 weeks, during which I had to wait 5 months for 6 hours a week home tuition to kick in.

Can I enquire whether you have Accipio detailed in a statement? If so, is it the primary provision in place of your child having a named school to attend?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Elefan

Hi Elefan,

Nick is still on the register of the school that he refuses to go to, l dont honestly know who funds Nicks Accipio, l have been in contact with the Lea since Nicks school refusal, and Nicks school rang me to tell me about Accipio so l am not really sure. As Nick is still on register at his school l suppose they get the money for Nick so maybe they fund Accipio. Sorry to be so vauge!!!

Guest Lya of the Nox

that looks really good

doubt we would get funding for it :(

hope you get on ok elefan

xxx