Storm

Hi there

Thought it was time to introduce myself. :)

Have been lurking for a very long time....just never had the confidence to post before....silly but that's me. :unsure:

However alot of others have very similar problems to what we have and have got answers without the need to post.

Anyway....I am a mum to 4 children.......2 NT girls aged 11 and 8yrs (eldest is dyslexic)

then i have my 2 darling boys aged 5 and 6yrs both of whom have ASD.

Also my neice 5yrs and newphew 13yrs have ASD, eldest only recently diagnosed.

Apart from everyday life being a rollercoaster with my boys..i cope! The main battle at the moment is school, will ask advice on that later when i can get my head round it all.

The boys are under the childrens disability team and we have a support worker who tries to help.....but School well more "senco" is of no help :wallbash:

This site is so helpful though and most importantly it helps to know that your not the only one, as most of the time i feel totally isolated.

Hi Storm.

A big warm welcome and glad that you have posted and soon posting lots more, but dont worry you can always post pms too, so if you want it to be private there is also this to think about, the moderators are highlighted to PM or if you feel you can get some advice from other members you can pm them too.

It can be a bit daunting at first to post but I would say that the more I posted I got use to it, sometimes I know I problably havent made that much sence but at least I have tried to share my thoughts.

I am more confortable posting now, so it does get easier.

I am sure there will be lots of support on here for the school situation, many of us are fighting to get the right services and provisions, and you are one step further than many with your local childrens Disability Team been involved, my area wont except J on and we are with the Family support services who have very little experience with ASDs, communication and social difficulties and at times making it worse, rather than supportive.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and glad that you have joined us now.

JsMum

Hi Storm,

Glad you came out of "lurkdom" and joined us - welcome! :)

If you can't find the answers you're looking for, please don't hesitate to ask.

K x