Sign in to follow this  
pookie170

Hello again!

My gosh.... A few of you might remember me- (and some of my older postings!Superfolk are go! :bat: ) from a good loooong while back. I really hope I haven't offended or hurt anyone by disappearing off the radar for an unacceptably long and silent time but things have been rather hairy at chez pookie- not to mention far too strapped for the purposes of buying a pc! Seriously though, I have thought long and often of many folks I met in here, how they are, how their little'uns are doing (carolj?badad?to name a mere couple!!)and have been itching to make it back- if yez'll have me?! Things are definitely on the up for me and mine, so I bought this pc (and am still none the wiser on how I use the dratted thing!) and have plucked up the courage to venture here once more. And as this particular pc is mine,all mine, I don't intend to go away again....no, not even if you beg!!

Is it alright if me and my boys come back to pay? There's a few folks we'd like to catch up with- and we're up for making new friends too!

Hugs to all.

Esther x

Hi pooks!

Lovely to 'see' you again :)>:D<<'>

I seem to remember your departure coincided with the start of a degree course, so sort of assumed you had just got stuck into that with all your 'spare' time!

You actually featured in an xmas celebration a couple of years ago - a flash animated football game ( a purple doc martin kicking a ball against a wall) - that released the 'ghosts of krismas past'... fairly sure the links are dead now, but they're in the batcave somewhere :)

Glad things are on the up :thumbs::thumbs: May it all continue in the same vein :)

L&P

BD :)

Hello Esther! :thumbs:

Well do I remember you - you were already an old stalwart of the forum when I joined. Even before I joined I remember lurking and reading your posts. :)

Welcome home. >:D<<'>

K x

Oooh, Pookie!!!

Yay :dance::clap:

So fabby to see you again, hun >:D<<'>

I'm now officially dx'd as AS :o:ph34r::lol:

Bidxx

Edited by bid

Hey y'all!

Absolutely fab to hear from you, old and new! Cheers, guys, for the lovely welcome back, I do appreciate it hugely! I have missed your support-and kind words are usually aplenty here for all who need them- that's the best thing about it! >:D<<'>

We're all doing fine, Caghal has moved schools (AGAIN!!) to a behavioural support 'unit', which has been really great. He's finally making progress, due to brilliant staff and another set of letters in his diagnosis- AS & ADHD! (Wotta combo!) I felt I had to give medication a shot as C was talking about ending his life in various (and I have to say, terribly imaginative!) ways. And they have helped him cope enormously. Never thought I'd say this, but am very glad we gave it a go. He still prefers not to be with the other kids much, but he's much happier in himself and is able to access new experiences... I truly didn't think he'd ever manage that. Not that it's all plain sailing, but it's better.

Elijah started school this year (My baby!!) :crying: and is doing well, enjoying himself and making buddies (with all the little girls, heheh!) though concerns have been raised over his concentration and organisation skills- arrgh! I think it's more of a maturity issue with him though.

Me? I got my HND in applied biological sciences and got offered a job lecturing at the college- which I grabbed with both hands! Only able to do this due to my wonderful partner Phil, who's been around for ages now. He's fab with the kids and got stuck in with childcare etc from the word go-as have his parents, who are brilliant too. So I'm definitely in a much happier place than I was a few years ago!

Gods, I sound like something out of the Waltons, don't I? Heehee! :rolleyes:

How's everyone doing? And your kids, of course, can't forget them!! :D I'm dying to hear all your news!!

Hugs to all!!! Glad to be back!

Esther x

Me? I got my HND in applied biological sciences and got offered a job lecturing at the college- which I grabbed with both hands! Gods, I sound like something out of the Waltons, don't I? Heehee! :rolleyes:

Esther x

So now when someone says 'who made that horrible smell?' you can hold your hand up proudly... :devil:

Don't worry about the 'Waltonesque' elements... I'm sure everyone is (are?) really pleased for you :thumbs::thumbs:

Smatar*e! :whistle:

L&P

:D

Hi Esther,

Not sure if we ever met, you may know me as Hailey Hallyscomet :D

But I know your name :lol: I have been meaning to have 'words' with you...:D:whistle: because YOU are the one that started the Batcave. :crying::wallbash: shame on you woman! :shame::devil:

No ..... I love it :thumbs: it needs a 'revival' what are you waiting for !! Yayyyy! :thumbs:

Welcome back

Fran :D

Pookie!.........I remember you...........the starter of the batcave :ph34r::clap: ..............thought your computer packed in way back sometime may 2005??.................was it? :lol:

I always have, Bad!! :lol: Hey suze! My little bros pc packed in way back, and then the college decided that those using their pcs would not be allowed to access forums, chatrooms, games sites etc. :shame: Had to wait till I had enough moolah for one of my own! Must go check the batcave out, it has been too long!! Mwahahaah!

Estherx

Hi Pookie/Esther

I think I must have joined after you disappeared, but you're not exactly a stranger because to some you are famous for the very early days of the infamous bat cave (in fact if my memory isn't playing tricks on me (can't be bothered at the moment to go and check) you were the originator of the batcave thread!!! So :clap: and :notworthy: and welcome back.

Flora :dance:

hello pookie >:D<<'> >:D<<'> i dont think we spoke(you know what i mean)when you were last on here but i look foward to getting to know you :thumbs: