biff

Good Afternoon

Hi I am Amy a 26 year old Mum of two, little boy 5 and little girl 13 months. We are just starting the diagnosis process for my little boy, the educational psychologist who went to the school thinks he has traits of Aspergers. I was in denial at first as I am sure many are and his Dad is to some extent, but as I have become more aware of the condition I have started to recognise that he might have it.

Just thought I'd say hello!

Hi I am Amy a 26 year old Mum of two, little boy 5 and little girl 13 months. We are just starting the diagnosis process for my little boy, the educational psychologist who went to the school thinks he has traits of Aspergers. I was in denial at first as I am sure many are and his Dad is to some extent, but as I have become more aware of the condition I have started to recognise that he might have it.

Just thought I'd say hello!

Hello Amy, welcome to the site, you will get lots of support here. It can take a while to come to terms with the thought of ASD and the future but it's deffinately best to get an eary diagnoses.

look forward to chatting to you. X

It's just taken such a long time even to get to this stage! The school first realised a problem when he started preschool but it's taken this long to get where we are now. I know he has difficulties, I just want to find out what these are now and what we can do about it.

Hi Biff - welcome aboard :thumbs:

BD :D

At least your little one has you as a mum who is clued up enough to seek help, well done you.

This is a wonderful forum non-judgemental and safe, so glad you have joined.

Harmony