caz2007

aduts with asperger!?

hi all

do we have any aduits with asperger on here that i can chat to.

where the most prolims you have?

do you have many friends, i dont, i find it very hard 2 mkae them

i add more more info torrow

take care

cazzie

Hi Caz,

There are several adults with AS here. I am one of them. Hopefully the others will introduce themselves to you as well :)

I also have a lot of problems making friends. I had a few friends at school, and I am still in touch with one of them. Other than that, I don't really have anyone.

Have you ever met with other autistic people? I met some others at an event last summer, and I am going on holiday with them in June! They are not the type of friends I can ring up for a chat or ask for help though, and they don't live near me so I can't see them very often either. But at least I get a holiday!

I have a lot of problems with unexpected changes at work. I try to cope with it because I like the independence it gives me, but sometimes I think it is more hassle than it is worth.

I tried to find a social group near where I live, but all I got were dead ends. You might have more luck if you contact your own local learning disabilities team.

Hi there,

My names J, I'm 23 and I recently got a provisional diagnosis of AS. Am awaiting an appointment at the local learning disabilities centre, but the waiting list is 3-6 months . The person who gave the provisional diagnosis is almost always right so I'm quite confident that they are right.

I have a lot of trouble making friends. I have one friend that I have made since leaving school 8 years ago. I'm still in touch with 2 people from school. At the moment I am a university student and finding it hard coping with the environment there. I'm hoping that getting the dx will help with things, but still learning more about myself all the time.

Anyway hope you are having a good weekend,

J