CarolineJ

Evening!

Hello :) I'm Caroline, mum to 4 sproglets, up in the North East of England. I've been lurking here for quite a while, but finally plucked up the courage to register after getting a diagnosis for our 7 year old son last week. Bim has always been extra special and as such, we've tried to get some support for just about all of his life. It was only last year that we got taken seriously. Bim's now been diagnosed with AS by the Consultant Psychiatrist at our local CAMHS.

I should mention that Bim's given name is Liam, but he always goes by his nickname :)

I'm here to hopefully get some support and advice for what's likely to be a long road ahead. I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Caroline

Hi Caroline and welcome. :)

I hope your son's diagnosis has helped answer the questions you've no doubt been asking for a long time. Many people here will understand what a strange time it is.

Look forward to getting to know you,

K x

Hi caroline -

welcome to the forum :)

I'm here to hopefully get some support and advice for what's likely to be a long road ahead

It is a long road, so take it easy and take plenty of rest breaks when it all seems uphill :).

BD :D

Hi Caroline

Welcome to the forum. I'm from up north too, although I live down south now.

Glad you found this forum and I'm sure you'll get lots of answers and support here.

Flora X

Wecome Caroline!

We have four children too - age 10,8,6 and 4. The eldest two have a diagnosis and go to a special school.

Simon

Do you find yourself spread very thinly too?

Hi Caroline

Welcome to the forum. I'm from up north too, although I live down south now.

Glad you found this forum and I'm sure you'll get lots of answers and support here.

Flora X

Do you miss the North? My DH is in the RAF and we've managed to swap postings before so we've got to stay up here. We want to stay forever.

i'm caroline as well but get called cazzie by my sister little boy he cute.

so maybe i can chage my name to cazzie if thats ok so we dont get comfussed. i had to do that on other fourms

take care

Welcome to the site Caroline, I have 2 teenage children, daughter 17 and son 14 who has ASD. It can be a hard road ahead but between us all i'm sure we will inform you and support you. Keep posting and I look forward to chatting. X

Do you miss the North? My DH is in the RAF and we've managed to swap postings before so we've got to stay up here. We want to stay forever.

I do miss it, but mainly because my closest friends live up there... I try to go up as often as I can but that isn't very often! I do like it down here though :D

Flora X