kinky j

Hi and help!

hi, i am quite new to forums generally by the way my real user name is 4758nigel (this is my wife's user account) unfortunately i can't post a new topic for some reason :unsure: :unsure: i am seeking advice really i think i may have AS and not too sure how to go about getting tested to see if i have or not please could you let me know

Thanks Nigel :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hi Nigel,

Have you only recently joined the forum? It can take a day or two or your account to be approved, and you can't post until it has been approved. Let us know if it is anything more complicated and we'll try to get it sorted :)

It's very difficult for adults to get assessed for Asperger's, and many end up with no option to go private. In the first instance, you should approach your GP and explain briefly why you think you have AS. It is worth mentioning if you have a child on the spectrum, as it can be genetic. You could also contact the National Autistic Society for advice about what to tell your GP. They have a telephone and email line where you can ask exactly these types of question.

yeah i have only just joined the forum today and thought that was why i couldn't post a topic but luckily i have a lovely wife who already has this user account on here so not too bad lol thanks for the advice Tally i will contact the national autistic society and talk to them and then make myself an appointment to see my GP :thumbs: it's just soooo confusing finally realising that i have alot of difficulties with a hell of alot of things that i never noticed were an issue before.... my wife has a child with higher functioning Autism but he's my step-son not my biological son but we're so alike it's scary lol i have a NT daughter but think she may have dyspraxia (excuse spelling i'm short word dyslexic<---- horrible word to spell for the people with it) so all round a very scary experience for us all :tearful: :tearful:

Thanks for the advice once again Nigel

Hi Nigel.Welcome to the Forum. :)

Dyspraxia and AS sometimes occur together.Dyspraxia tends to run in families too and dyspraxia can appear very similar to AS.So it would be worth mentioning to the person that you see that you think your DD may have dyspraxia.Karen.