SoundLad

Hello from Me

Hi my name is Lee i have aspergers i found this site through good old google looking around for some information.. When i was a young kid about 4 in reception class in primary school teachers didnt know what was wrong but they certaintly knew i was different i was into everything turning lights on an off never mixed with other kids in the school always by my self the school couldnt do nothing so i was moved to a special needs class at another school and then i was moved to another school all in all cause no one knew i had aspergers they didnt know what was up with me and put it down to be hyperactivity. All in all the schools where not aware of aspergers.. About 4 years ago (2004) i was in australia and i came across a website about aspergers when i read it i was shocked as it was all about me when i read a little more i knew i found the culprit to my moves in school the way i was in general when i got back to the uk in 2005 i went stright to the doctors and they diagnosed me and ive been much happier knowing that i aint the only one whos alittle wierd..

I hope you can read the above and understand im terrible at puncuation and spelling..

Thanks for accepting me admin to be part of this group :)

Regards

Lee

Hi my name is Lee i have aspergers i found this site through good old google looking around for some information.. When i was a young kid about 4 in reception class in primary school teachers didnt know what was wrong but they certaintly knew i was different i was into everything turning lights on an off never mixed with other kids in the school always by my self the school couldnt do nothing so i was moved to a special needs class at another school and then i was moved to another school all in all cause no one knew i had aspergers they didnt know what was up with me and put it down to be hyperactivity. All in all the schools where not aware of aspergers.. About 4 years ago (2004) i was in australia and i came across a website about aspergers when i read it i was shocked as it was all about me when i read a little more i knew i found the culprit to my moves in school the way i was in general when i got back to the uk in 2005 i went stright to the doctors and they diagnosed me and ive been much happier knowing that i aint the only one whos alittle wierd..

I hope you can read the above and understand im terrible at puncuation and spelling..

Thanks for accepting me admin to be part of this group :)

Regards

Lee

H

Hi Lee...am new myself but have to say that this is a great site...full of wonderful people and some great info and advice.....my youngest sounds very much like you....altough he is just starting out on his cobbled road journey full of wolves and nastys out to get him.....he is 6 in may and has asp and believe it or not...some of us are struggling even today to get the right education and help for our kids.....so in that respect not a lot has changed,altgough i believe awareness is much better and certain areas in the uk seem to have better provision for assisting the academic requirements of asd people...anyway..am no expert..just out here trying to make sense of it all myself......there is a guy called ScienceGeek who is really friendly and supportive on here..so give him a post....best wishes and will chat again in about a week...am off on a mini break....maria

Welcome :)

I got very excited when I saw someone called 'Lee' had joined ... :whistle: (contain yourself, Mumble!! :lol:)

Yep, I'm weird too - welcome to the mad house :D we're lovely really, honest, sort of. I'm 28, female, HFA, BTW.

Hello Lee,

So pleased to hear you have finally found some answers, this is a brilliant forum, supportive, encouraging, non judgemental and Fun :P so glad you have joined us.

Clare x x x

Hey thanks guys for the welcome appriciated :D

Hi Lee, nice to meet you, when I read your post of your early days you could of been talking about my J, he was too very hyper and now he has been assessed as having ASD, his ADHD was very prominant in reception but he wasnt diagnosed until 7 with it, its been a real struggle with education but now we know what is going on for J we are finally understanding him, and he is a real charachter, funny and always on the go.

I am sure your going to meet other people here who have gone throw similair difficulties at school, I am pleased you have come to understand yourself and now know that you have AS.

See you around Lee

JsMum