Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

how easy is it to separate the soundtrack from movie

Guest Lya of the Nox

got a dvd, that i thought was a cd, and i just want the story bit

is it easy to separate, bearing in mind it is me :whistle:

i do have brain cells now, ( thank someone nah chemicals !) but do still get 'fused easily

xxx

Hiy Lya (Pof!) -

There are several ways of doing this, but the easiest without connecting your dvd player to a recoreder or downloading a 'ripper' is to use the PC and 'live' record the playback of the DVD... this depends on your soundcard, though, so you'll have to try it and see.

Bung the dvd in the pc and get it playing back...

then go to programmes/accessories/entertainment from the start menu and look for 'sound recorder'...

Hit record for about 30 seconds, then stop it, pause/stop the DVD and hit play on sound recorder. Hopefully, you'll have recorded the DVD and then you just have to do it again for the whole thing/bits you want.

If not, try opening your sound settings and look at 'record' options... if it's a soundblaster soundcard (and some others have similar) you'll see a 'what-u-hear' setting. Toggle that and you should be fine. If not got 'what-u-hear' try 'wave' or anything other than 'line-in' or 'mic'...

Depending on your setup, the 'captured' file will either be a wav or MP3 format... you should be able to freely convert between the two using mediaplayer and then transfer either to your i-pod or burn to CD.

Hope that helps

BD :D

Wouldn't it be even easier to hook it up to the stereo and tape record it?

Tape recorder? stereo? Do people still have them? :lol:

Bung it through to Tally, Lya - she'll transfer it to wax cylinder for you! :devil: