Sign in to follow this  
andrea

hello

hi my name is andrea im 40 ,dh kev 42, dd natalie 20 nt,ds1 tim 17 as,add ds2 bobby 4 ? ive never used a forum before hope im doing this right ! what a great forum you have i wish i had found this years ago. ds1 were dx at 5 years 4 month. lots of probs over the years school probs from day one, he droped out at 14 :wallbash: .now looks like we are to start again with ds2 . iv felt very alone over the years, never really met anyone with same probs as we have till now. THANX

Welcome to the family, andrea. >:D<<'> You'll find lots of people who understand your situation here and everyone is helpful and friendly.

~ Mel ~

Guest Tracey L
hi my name is andrea im 40 ,dh kev 42, dd natalie 20 nt,ds1 tim 17 as,add ds2 bobby 4 ? ive never used a forum before hope im doing this right ! what a great forum you have i wish i had found this years ago. ds1 were dx at 5 years 4 month. lots of probs over the years school probs from day one, he droped out at 14 :wallbash: .now looks like we are to start again with ds2 . iv felt very alone over the years, never really met anyone with same probs as we have till now. THANX

:thumbs: Hi andrea.

I joined this forum just over a month ago and everyone here has been so nice.

This has to be the only place that i can rely on to get support and advice.

Hi andrea -

welcome to the forum. :D

droped out at 14 :wallbash:

I think many people on the spectrum find school (especially secondary) way beyond them at 14.

Many go back and finish off later as 'matooor students', and the whole school thing seems to fit much better then... Considering the emotional maturity/chronological age thing going on for many on the spectrum, it seems much more sensible IMO! :thumbs:

:D

thanx for the warm welcome . yes the adult education is some thing we are talking about in a (causal way ) at the moment. i have been on to conextions and they have sent tim some info on courses ,but from past experience i no this has to be his decision. so im trying to be laid back about it