Sign in to follow this  
warrenpenalver

Office XP crashes with windows vista!!

Hi!!

Last year i spent millions on office xp.

This year after smashing my old laptop i bought a Windows Visata computer and proceeded to install office xp making assumption microsoft products would be inter compatable.

How wrong i was!!!!! MS Word crashes regularly every 5 minutes and the other office packages every 10-15minutes.

I have Vista SP1 and its not improved.

Any ideas? or is this a deliberate ploy by microsoft to force me to upgrade my office package??? I find this unreasonable considering the cost of the software and the fact ive had only a years use out of office xp.

I had no trouble but then mine is an old XP office disk. However I did have trouble with Vista and crashing regulary and resetting in the beginning but after it had download all the updates it's fine now. My Daughters vista, slightly newer than mine (insurance after someone :whistle: dropped her old one :rolleyes:) has no such problems

The Vista Aero theme uses enough CPU to stop a program running entirely and make the ones that do crash.

Go into Control Panel --> Personalization --> Window Colour and Appearance --> Open Classic Appearance properties for more color options --> Windows Vista Basic --> Apply --> OK

This loses the CPU Thieving glassy/transparency effects on your windows and programs, it frees the CPU from 90% to 5% with a 1gig RAM computer and allows more CPU to be used with programs such as office.

If that doesn't work, right click on the icon of your office program, go to compatibility, select Windows XP SP2 and Administrator and then apply.

Can't help I'm afraid, just wanted to say that I use OpenOffice - all the benefits/products of MS Office, but for free!

Can't help I'm afraid, just wanted to say that I use OpenOffice - all the benefits/products of MS Office, but for free!

Yup we use OpenOffice too, mr p never pays for anything if he can help it. Free anti virus etc too, & touch wood we've never been zapped.