Sign in to follow this  
lynyona

anyone know ...anything about PS3

Hi

Thought it might be worth giving it a try to see if anyone knows anything about PS3 s.

Kierans got a Ps3 now he doesnt play it as often as his xbox 360 but he played on it wednesday morning and when he went back to it wednesday afternoon all he got was a blue screen asn a message saying hard drive bring rebuilt press ps button but nothing happened just returned to the same message,and of course he wants it fixed like yesterday :wallbash: and it is only 5 months old, we can take it back to the shop but i want to check ideas first in case it is something totally minor and dont feel like a complete idiot if they ask have we tried this have we tried that.So any ideas will be gratefully recieved :wallbash:

Hi Lynyona -

Don't really know about PS3's but this sounds like some sort of firmware update that didn't go all the way... Maybe if he got a new game lately, it included a firmware update that you have to install from that particular disc to access the games features (this happens a lot with the PSP)... if keiran can retrace his steps for wednesday morning - what game he was playing etc - you might be able to get it back that way. If he was running a firmware update (via disc or online if you have it connected for online play) and the power got switched of half way through it could have fritzed the whole O/S...

Another thing you could try (if you can get past the blue screen) is going to settings and re-setting it to factory defaults. There's a possibility these are stored somewhere on the HD on a seperate partition (that's what any sensible manufacturer would do! :whistle: ) and will get it back but minus any region settings you've tweaked when you first set it up...

As I say, all that is guesswork, but the kind of stuff that happens with hardware these days generally, IYKWIM. Hope it helps.

:D

Hi

Thought it might be worth giving it a try to see if anyone knows anything about PS3 s.

Kierans got a Ps3 now he doesnt play it as often as his xbox 360 but he played on it wednesday morning and when he went back to it wednesday afternoon all he got was a blue screen asn a message saying hard drive bring rebuilt press ps button but nothing happened just returned to the same message,and of course he wants it fixed like yesterday :wallbash: and it is only 5 months old, we can take it back to the shop but i want to check ideas first in case it is something totally minor and dont feel like a complete idiot if they ask have we tried this have we tried that.So any ideas will be gratefully recieved :wallbash:

Thanks baddad i ll give that a try if not its back to the shop i think as its still under warranty.He doesnt have much luck with consoles bless him his xbox 360 got three lights of death last week and it cost him �55 to get it mended. With that though he over plays it and then it gets over heated, but i saw a guy on you tube that mended his own by putting it in the oven and it did work but he didnt know how long for apparently the solder melts on the mother board,and ive since found out you can get kits to mend it yourself of ebay for �6.00 it says not to pay a repairer �50 to �70 to mend them lol a bit late now but i may incvest in one for him.

Dh took Ps3 back to the shop today and thankfully there was no problem replacing it as when ds bought it in january apparently the shop must have had a dodgy batch theyve had loads returned faulty bought around the same time so problem solved thank goodness