Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Random Computer Questions

How do I change the password that I use to log onto the computer when I first turn it on?

I did it before, and now I can't remember how :rolleyes:

Also . . . I have just set up a "sub account" with my ISP, but I can't get it to work with Outlook. When I send/receive, it keeps requesting my password. I have re-typed my password several times, and I am 100% certain I am typing it right. Any ideas? (The "Primary Account" email address works OK, but I don't want to use it because it is my ex's name.)

Edited by Tally

How do I change the password that I use to log onto the computer when I first turn it on?

Control Panel and user accounts

Also . . . I have just set up a "sub account" with my ISP, but I can't get it to work with Outlook. When I send/receive, it keeps requesting my password. I have re-typed my password several times, and I am 100% certain I am typing it right. Any ideas? (The "Primary Account" email address works OK, but I don't want to use it because it is my ex's name.)

Use the large numbered search engine to find and download online instructions. There are lots of pdf goofy guides with screen shots out there and it's pretty easy.

I have managed to change my password :) It's dead easy when you know how, innit.

I still cannot work out how to get access to this sub account. Apparently you can do it all online, but my ISP's website does not show up AT ALL in Firefox, and is barely usable in IE. It is extremely difficult to navigate. I have given up. I can now access the main account and receive emails from my ISP, so that is the most important thing. It is set up in my ex-husband's name (but at least now with a password of my own choosing), so I cannot use it as my personal email address, but I have been using yahoo email for ages now anyway so that is not a serious problem.

And so onto yet another problem. I cannot access Yahoo in Firefox for the past few days. It brings up a plain white page with absolutely nothing at all on it. Is anyone else having this problem?

I feel I need to have an icon I can double click to access Internet Explorer. How do I get an icon?

And so onto yet another problem. I cannot access Yahoo in Firefox for the past few days. It brings up a plain white page with absolutely nothing at all on it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Nope, I can get to it fine with IE or Firefox

I feel I need to have an icon I can double click to access Internet Explorer. How do I get an icon?

Find it in all programmes off the start menu, hold down your left mouse button and drag it out to the desktop to create a shortcut icon, or find it in the same place, right click on it, go to 'send to' in the menu and click on desktop (create shortcut).

I can get to Yahoo when I type it in manually, but not through my bookmark. I have not changed my bookmark, but I have deleted it and made a new one, and it is working fine now. Weird. Now I don't need the IE icon, but I wanted some others too, so that is helpful anyway :)