Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

What's your child's obsession & anxiety fear?

Hello all. My ds is obsessed with buses. Luckily the local depots are impressed with his encyclopaedic knowledge and invite him for tours of the depots, garages and indulge him. He can tell you what make of bus it is just by the engine sound.

He is also well into escalators, and again, is well up on the makes and models, woe betide any engineers working on them, he has to stop to see what's going on.

He loves comedy noises (the kind you get in seventies cartoons).

Fears ... corridors. Not knowing the exact route to exits. Too many doors. The wind (weather version). It drives him nuts. Try telling him you can't change the weather. He just doesn't get it. On windy days, we might as well stay home. Oh, here's a classic, the smell of peppermint and boiled onions. It's hell trying to get past a hot dog stand.

hi

katy is terrified of the wind and of things being "thrown away".

she insists on being completely naked to go to the toilet in case anything falls down the loo.

she is obsessed by disney princesses- in particular mulan- but this is better than the rubbish obssesion we had a while ago where nothing could be thrown away- including waste food!!

you have to keep a jolly outlook!! I really shouldn't post after wine!!!!

It has been "early bird" day and I need it- thats my excuse anyway!!

sharon

Nicks anxiety are bumble bees...and bees itself. He runs if he sees only one, he also fears that hubby or I leave him, we never have done though.

Obsessions...hmmm he is into racing games for the PS2 or Computer. He also likes tanks and diverse star wars figures. :wacko: