Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Controlling sickness

Not directly ASD but related through sensory issues as I'm finding it difficult to cope with. :(

I have nausea/vomiting as side effects of medication :sick: - it's well known that this happens and the hospital found me anti-emetics that work fairly well so it's copeable with but I'd like, at least over the Christmas period, for it not to be an issue at all because I don't want the focus to be on me - does anyone know of anything, probably natural is best, that helps to control sickness at least in the short term? :unsure:

Oh, and before anyone suggests ginger, I can't stand the stuff! :lol: :lol:

when i was pregnant my doc told me to use ''seabands'' for my morning afternoon and evening sickness! they worked quite well, i think i got them from boots.

Thanks Bid and Sonj :) I am definitely not pregnant although I've been asked 16 times and counting (something to do with them having to check before exposing me to radiation :unsure: - thinking of just getting 'NO' tattooed on my forehead and pointing at it :lol: :lol:) but I'll give the sea-bands a try :thumbs:

Mumble :D

i used the seabands too mumble found it was the only thing that helped with the sickness i tried everything else.......

goodluck

love donnaxxxxxx

Wont suggest ginger then, that was my standby though, particularly ginger beer. I cant think of any other natural product. Extra strong mints help keep nausea pangs at bay in an emergency though. When I was younger I found that normal coca cola helped settle my stomach, but I cant drink it now cos of the caffeine. I have a bit of a phobia about being sick. Sometimes peppermint tea is helpful or camomile and spearmint, but if you are feeling nauseated a lot it probably wont do. I did once have a homeopathic remedy for sickness but I cant for the life of me remember what it was.

I was prescribed cyclizene (probably not spelt right) for sickness with some of my pain killers. It helps with nausea as well as vomiting. The seabands sound worth a try though.

Edited by peaches

That's reminded me, with baby #1 I didn't have seabands, but some homeopathic pills...but can't remember the name, it being 20 odd years ago!

I would ask in a health food shop about homeopathic remedies.

Bid :)

Extra strong mints help keep nausea pangs at bay in an emergency though.

Sometimes peppermint tea is helpful or camomile and spearmint

:sick: - forgot to add - I don't like ginger or mint :lol: I'm right fussy :lol: I'll try seeing what the health food shop place say. :)

Not directly ASD but related through sensory issues as I'm finding it difficult to cope with. :(

I have nausea/vomiting as side effects of medication :sick: - it's well known that this happens and the hospital found me anti-emetics that work fairly well so it's copeable with but I'd like, at least over the Christmas period, for it not to be an issue at all because I don't want the focus to be on me - does anyone know of anything, probably natural is best, that helps to control sickness at least in the short term? :unsure:

Oh, and before anyone suggests ginger, I can't stand the stuff! :lol: :lol:

I take Domperidone to help prevent nausea. I have an Esophageal hernia for which I take a lot of meds, most of which make me feel nausous and they control it quite well.