edith simon

risperdal

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your support.

I am Edith with 22 year old Gregory with ASD +learning disab.

In the end/ a very tiring and stressful stugle/ risperdal 1mg was prescribe by consultant.

I am a bit worried about sideeffects but it seems to work I mean the risperdal .Less anxiety and better sleep actually too much sleep.

Has any of your doctors wanted to keep up daily diary sheets /how many times and what your child repeat???Have 2 of them psychiatrists came out to see you/as my son has minimal verbal/ and have a one hour conversation??

I refused this as I could not coop with the stress of it when 2 people are asking questions and you are one.Has anything like that happened to you while administering risperdal??

Waiting for your info and wish all of you a nice day.

Edith :robbie:

No Edith, not just when he was put on resperial, but I do see consultants and CAHMS, and they ask a lot of questions! When my son first went on it, this time last year, he started at 0.5mg, he was 12, he is now on 1mg 3 times a day, but it seems to be working, he is calmer, less anxious, like yours he sleeps much better, I dont really want him on this amount but for now I am leaving things as they are as life is copable once more. :thumbs: Enid

No Edith, not just when he was put on resperial, but I do see consultants and CAHMS, and they ask a lot of questions! When my son first went on it, this time last year, he started at 0.5mg, he was 12, he is now on 1mg 3 times a day, but it seems to be working, he is calmer, less anxious, like yours he sleeps much better, I dont really want him on this amount but for now I am leaving things as they are as life is copable once more. :thumbs: Enid

Dear Enid,

Thanks for reply.You know by the time the "kids" are 22 there have been so many "questioning" that I feel I have met a lots of very stupid professionals /I have met som GOOD ones too!!/ that I feel tired to answer stupid question and I am tired to "train" them.

Maybe I should be more patient but the energy that is left I really would like to invest it all for my son and his brothers and my husband.

How long has your son is on risperdal????And how many times do you have to see professionals??

Do you have to keep a diary too??

Thanks a lot.Sorry to disturb you with all my questions.

All the best,

He has been on it a year and I have been asked to notice any changes, but not speciafically keep a diary. I am supposed to see the proffessionals every 2 moths for a med check as it pretty heavy duty meds for a lad. >:D<<'> Enid

He has been on it a year and I have been asked to notice any changes, but not speciafically keep a diary. I am supposed to see the proffessionals every 2 moths for a med check as it pretty heavy duty meds for a lad. >:D<<'> Enid

Thanks Edin,

I mean it is different because our consultant wanred a daily record sheet to be filled and to visit us every week and also bring + one more psychiatrist with him.

You know I would have nothing against once in every two months.

Best