Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Member's topics/posts

I'm not sure if this is the forum software being odd or me - probably the latter... :wacko:

When I go to a member's profile, there are tabs to click on to find their topics, posts etc, but I've found recently that for quite a few members (and it seems random) it will say they have no or only one or two posts/topics when their post count is say 50+ so they do have posts and I know they've made other posts.

I'm not stalking anyone, but I am very wary that this is an open forum and anyone could join as a member whatever their intention :ph34r: so when for instance I get PMs from members I don't know, I would like to get a bit of a 'feel' for them, but can't if I can't access their posts - does that make sense? I tend not to reply to PMs I'm unsure about, but I then worry about appearing rude.

Am I doing something wrong or is this something to do with any forum software updates as I don't remember it being a problem before?

Hi Mumble,

I've tried a few randomly and they all seem to be displaying the right number of posts, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

K x

It shows the person's recent posts. I'm not sure what the cut-off is, but if they haven't posted within that time, they will not display. You can find their posts by clicking on their name and selecting it from the drop-down menu.

?

If I click on posts under my profile on the left, I can find all my posts going right back to when I joined in 2004 - 245 pages worth.

K x

It shows the person's recent posts. I'm not sure what the cut-off is, but if they haven't posted within that time, they will not display. You can find their posts by clicking on their name and selecting it from the drop-down menu.

Hi, thanks, that's solved it :) I can get them all from the drop down menu but I was trying via the members' profile.