dana

L-Glutamin and L-Glutathion

Hi there,

I read about L-Glutamin and L-Glutathion. They are supposed to help the brain.

Does anyone have experience with them ?

Please tell me if they really work? Which one is better to use?

dana

You would get both of theses from a good healthy diet. These tablets are advertised for body builders. But we all know you can get protein, nutrients etc from normal food without taking supplements.

Heres some information

Glutathione synthetase deficiency is a rare autosomal recessive[1] metabolic disorder that prevents the production of glutathione. Glutathione helps prevent damage to cells by neutralizing harmful molecules generated during energy production. Glutathione also plays a role in processing medications and cancer-causing compounds (carcinogens), and building DNA, proteins, and other important cellular components

You would get both of theses from a good healthy diet. These tablets are advertised for body builders. But we all know you can get protein, nutrients etc from normal food without taking supplements.

Heres some information

Glutathione synthetase deficiency is a rare autosomal recessive[1] metabolic disorder that prevents the production of glutathione. Glutathione helps prevent damage to cells by neutralizing harmful molecules generated during energy production. Glutathione also plays a role in processing medications and cancer-causing compounds (carcinogens), and building DNA, proteins, and other important cellular components

Thank you,lynne.

As much as they can help I also read that excess of them might be harmful especially to the children with autism.

You are right: goog healthy diet is the most important.

dana

Hi there,

I read about L-Glutamin and L-Glutathion. They are supposed to help the brain.

Does anyone have experience with them ?

Please tell me if they really work? Which one is better to use?

dana

My son takes L glutamin which is reducing the "leaky gut" syndrome.It has helped or healed him to such extent that maybe he does not have to stay on glutenfreee diet.

It is still early as I try to give him gradually small amount of food containing gluten.

He has been taking for about 4 months and I think 500mg/day.I was also reading in a book that helps some and doesnot help others so we tried as it is a natural foodsupplement and cannot hopefully cause harm.

All the best Edith