Sign in to follow this  
kinky j

Melatonin

The paed prescribed melatonin (3mg) for C as he's not been sleeping until midnight or later and he's been on them for 2 weeks now. I have noticed that he seems a bit more ...docile... :unsure::hypno: at bedtime but still has trouble settling to sleep.

The paed said it takes time to get into his system, anyone know how long this should take??

The paed prescribed melatonin (3mg) for C as he's not been sleeping until midnight or later and he's been on them for 2 weeks now. I have noticed that he seems a bit more ...docile... :unsure::hypno: at bedtime but still has trouble settling to sleep.

The paed said it takes time to get into his system, anyone know how long this should take??

I hope that he can sleep better i used to have Melatonin in my personal experiences it kicked into my system few weeks later it gave me horrible nightmare's but what i say is what dont work for some works for others and hope it will help him.

This is interesting as our youngest son has just been diagnosed with Asperger's and the GP is going to be prescribing this for him.

Hopefully he won't have the nightmares but at least now I'm ready for them.

Melatonin stopped my son's nightmares, night terrors and sleep walking almost totally - before he didn't go to sleep till gone midnight and then was up at 2 am every night either walking with night terrors or having a nightmare every night. He does still find it hard to get to sleep now but at least he stays asleep so it works for us in a possitive way, I don't think he'll every be able to just fall asleep though.

I found that giving the tablet a couple of hours after food with water works best for us, if he has it with milk it takes a while to work and with food or after supper if take hours to work.

Hope this helps, good luck for your future restle nights.

Edited by Sooze2