dooday24

dunno wat else to do

hi all, i av been trying for a while to get reece on melatonin!!!

went to see his phsycologist who cudnt prescribe it ......... then went to the psychiatrist who cudnt prescribe it.....

they then told me to see my gp who shud b able to prescribe it!!!!!!!!!

took me a few weeks to pluck up the courage to take him to the gp as he has severe meldowns there

and she told me tonight she cant subscribe it either!!!!!!!!

wat a bloomin nitemare

anybody got any ideas please

love donna xxxxx

Edited by dooday24

Although it is only available on prescription in the UK, it is available in health food shops in other countries. It is not illegal to import Melatonin for your own use. If the doctors are happy for him to take it, you could order someover the internet.

Hi

Just want to say my Daughter was prescribed Melatonin by her Consultant Pediatrician and then continued by her GP,

she only took it for 6 month's off and on and found it didn't help her that much, so she stopped.

Regards Teresa

I think this could be a case of non communication.

Do the P-------ists agree that he should have it. If so they need to tell the GP who will (may) prescribe it.

Edited by chris54

yea they hav said, they just cant prescribe it .but r happy 4 her too x but the gp is saying she cant precribe it anyway i just give up

I am having a similar problem. My GP says he can't prescribe it and I have been refered to ped. Good luck!

I've read through the threads and it appears little has changed since 2009 when the last post was written. I've recently had an experience of the hospital saying the doctors should prescribe medication and the doctors saying the hospital should have given the prescription.

It's all political and financial decisions nothing to do with what's best for the patients if it was we wouldn't be passed one to the other while the patient is confused and waiting for the medications instead of them just being issued.