jacquelineh1468

ados test results

hi can anybody give me some advice regarding my sons ados test results that i recieved this morning.My sons test was done using module 3 and the results are as follows Daniels score was 16[autism spectrum cut-off=10:autistic spectrum cut-off=7]showing the greatest difficulties in reciprocal social interaction where he scored 12 out of a maximum of 14{autism spectrum cut-off=6:autistic spectrum cut-off=4}.He also showed difficulty in imagination and creativity.What does this all mean and what problems are we going to face,its hard enougth getting your head around the diagnosis without all the scores and cut-offs,can anybody please give me some advice

Can someone explain what ados means? Also, what is the difference between autistic spectrum and autism spectrum in this test? I thought the two words were from the same root, as in...'I am autistic/I have autism'...

Sometimes I feel as though, just when I feel that I've got my head round this stuff, more stuff comes along I've never heard of! :tearful:

Can someone explain what ados means? Also, what is the difference between autistic spectrum and autism spectrum in this test? I thought the two words were from the same root, as in...'I am autistic/I have autism'...

Sometimes I feel as though, just when I feel that I've got my head round this stuff, more stuff comes along I've never heard of! :tearful:

ADOS....Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule. :)

I don't understand the other bit either.Karen.

hi can anybody give me some advice regarding my sons ados test results that i recieved this morning.My sons test was done using module 3 and the results are as follows Daniels score was 16[autism spectrum cut-off=10:autistic spectrum cut-off=7]showing the greatest difficulties in reciprocal social interaction where he scored 12 out of a maximum of 14{autism spectrum cut-off=6:autistic spectrum cut-off=4}.He also showed difficulty in imagination and creativity.What does this all mean and what problems are we going to face,its hard enougth getting your head around the diagnosis without all the scores and cut-offs,can anybody please give me some advice

hi,i havent got a clue either that is why i am asking,wouldent you think they would explain in words that we can understand

I have hardly posted anything (although I read a lot!)...

I had an ADOS test, and was told that the lower number is the Autistic Spectrum cut-off and the higher number is the Autism cut-off. So if the lower number is 7 and the higher number is 10, if someone scored at between 7 and 9 inclusive, then they would most likely be diagnosed with an ASD which would be Asperger's or PDD-NOS. Whereas, if someone scores 10 or above, they would be diagnosed with Autism.

Someone could be diagnosed with Autism and score less than 10, or Asperger's and score more than 10, however, depending on the other assessments, questionnaires, etc. that are used along with the ADOS. So I think it's just a guide.

hi,i havent got a clue either that is why i am asking,wouldent you think they would explain in words that we can understand

Hi.It might be worth asking them to meet with you to explain.I don't think that would be an unreasonable request. :) Karen.

I have hardly posted anything (although I read a lot!)...

I had an ADOS test, and was told that the lower number is the Autistic Spectrum cut-off and the higher number is the Autism cut-off. So if the lower number is 7 and the higher number is 10, if someone scored at between 7 and 9 inclusive, then they would most likely be diagnosed with an ASD which would be Asperger's or PDD-NOS. Whereas, if someone scores 10 or above, they would be diagnosed with Autism.

Someone could be diagnosed with Autism and score less than 10, or Asperger's and score more than 10, however, depending on the other assessments, questionnaires, etc. that are used along with the ADOS. So I think it's just a guide.

hi,thanks for your help to be honest i thought that,before my son had the test his psychiatrist said that she thought he was on the higher end of the spectrum

Hi.It might be worth asking them to meet with you to explain.I don't think that would be an unreasonable request. :) Karen.

hi Karen A .I believe i have got a meeting booked on 10th june with the psychiatrist and the education officer and the people that teach him at school,i suppose i will find out what i need to know there

hi Karen A .I believe i have got a meeting booked on 10th june with the psychiatrist and the education officer and the people that teach him at school,i suppose i will find out what i need to know there

Hi.I think it might be worth asking for an explanation in jargon free language.Professionals sometimes forgett that parents do not usually have medical qualifications or psychology degrees. :D Karen.