Sign in to follow this  
Guest featherways

Leaving the boards

Guest featherways

Over a period of 11 days I have emailed Admin, twice, and the moderators, and even asked on the boards -

I would like my membership removed from the site.

I can find nothing on the forum to show how I would do this myself, and although one poster suggested I just stop posting, this appears to be a UK forum operating under UK laws including any relevant parts of the Data Protection Act, which means I do have a right to have my membership removed as soon as is reasonably possible after request.

Why is it this seemingly a very difficult process on this forum?

Dear featherways,

I would have been happy to answer a pm from you but as you've chosen to post publicly I will answer publicly.

You did not pm any member of the moderating team to make us aware that you wished your account to be closed. We only knew this from the comments you made on a thread on a different topic. As you know from the pm exchanges, (initiated by myself), that we have had, I pm'd both admins on your behalf on August 17th to ask them to close your account. As you are still here, and the moderating team has not heard from them about this, I assume both admins are away - not an unreasonable assumption, given that it is the August holiday period.

I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to post this on the public forum, given that no member has the power to remove your membership. Neither do any of the moderating team, of which I am possibly the only representative here at the moment. If I could, I assure you I would be delighted to close your account with immediate effect.

We, the mod and admin team, are all volunteers with other commitments. I'm afraid you will have to be patient and wait until one of the admin team comes online. I will happily pm them again on your behalf to ensure that they make it a priority to deal with you.

In the meantime, as you have clearly indicated you don't wish to be here, I suggest you stop posting and don't return to asd forum. Your earlier posts will remain on the forum anyway, so it cannot make much difference whether your account is active or not.

I am now closing this thread. Please don't start any further threads along the same lines. You can communicate with me or any other member of the moderating team by pm, should you wish to.

kind regards

Kathryn

on behalf of moderating team

Edited by Kathryn