trekster

problems accessing php type bulletin boards

Hello

i am a member of 2 php type bulletin boards. In fact im a moderator and nearly a moderator

on them both.

Every time i click on a reply to subject i get the login screen. i fill in the details click submit

and get offered a chance to return to the topic. Problem is it goes back to a blank login screen.

i am unable to login into either site im on and im worried as im a volunteer on one of them

and moderator on the other. Ive texted the techie on the moderator site but no reply yet.

Any idea what to do or whats causing this?

Alexis

If its phpbb its most likely the cookie path, when you install one of these forums you specify the url that the site should be accessed from and if that doesnt match the address that a user logs in from it can cause issues.

As an example with this site both http://www.asd-forum.org.uk and http://asd-forum.org.uk will display the forum only one will show you as logged in. try logging into the forums with and without the www. and see if that makes a difference.

i think it could be an issue with my internet. Recently i have found out that firefox is power hungry so have cut down the number of tabs open to about 6. This has helped in some cases, also i appear to be removing the automatic login with the spyware scans.

Alexis