Lufty

Mountains - Is it time for a change ?

Dear All

For several years now we have used mountains as a way of showing how many posts a member has made.

Are you all happy to keep to mountains or would you like to move to a new measure ?

Kind regards

Lufty

The only thing that's confused me on occasions is thinking that people are from Snowdon, when that's just their "mountain level". :lol: I expect a few people think I live on Ben Nevis! :blink:

But otherwise, it's fine. :)

James

It took me a while too, to realise that not everyone posting came from hill country!!! :whistle:

Now I'm used to it, I like t...but what alternatives have you got? It would be fun to think of some, even if we don't change what we've got! :thumbs:

Wish I had a pound for every new member who has said..."But I don't live on the Norfolk Broads, why does my profile say that?....". :)

I remember a long time ago very briefly we had a military theme but I think that wasn't popular.

K x

Wish I had a pound for every new member who has said..."But I don't live on the Norfolk Broads, why does my profile say that?....". :)

It was worse for me, because I live just on the other side of the river to the broads and kept thinking your software was having a "near miss" and "why didn't they do the research", LOL. The river Waveney, after which the district is named, forms the county border between Norfolk and Suffolk and outsiders often get this wrong, including me when I was new here. At least I know what's going on now :)

It's probably buried deep in a help file somewhere, but it might be nice to have a BIG disclaimer on the "verified" page, or something like that.

Dear All

For several years now we have used mountains as a way of showing how many posts a member has made.

Are you all happy to keep to mountains or would you like to move to a new measure ?

Kind regards

Lufty

I just joined the forum and was confused about what Norfold Broads meant as I am from the South of England. It's only by trial and error that I've managed to find out what it meant. Maybe it should be explained to people when they join up as it can be frustrating trying to change it.

Best wishes

OAASIS

As I write this message, I'm still at the level of the Norfolk Broads so I haven't been here anywhere near long enough to have any right to request a correction. However, I'm an incurable, annoying pedant, in fact so annoying that I annoy myself. In the few days I've been registered, it's already troubling me that one of the peaks in the series is called "Salisbury Hill." I wonder if I'm the only person shameless enough to admit to knowing that Peter Gabriel's 1977 hit was actually "Solsbury Hill", referring to the hill just outside Bath near where Gabriel lived.

If admin intended to reference a lesser known hill actually called "Salisbury Hill" then I'll sheepishly apologise and drop the issue.

All the best,

Adam