justine1

scars

Hi my son (6 AS) seems to have a problem with scaring,his wounds always seem to take longer to heal and his face is covered in scars.His brothers do not seem to have this problem at all.I have used vitamin E and butternut and coconut creams nothing seems to work.At the mo I just use E45 and take time to massage it in,he hates it because he doesnt like his face being touched.Just wondered what else is available?

Have you tried Bio Oil? Much lighter on the skin than cream, & those scary Stepford women on the ads rave about it! I've been using it for a while & apart from not liking the smell, its good.

Have you tried Palmers Cocoa Butter? I'm a compulsive skin picker, so I'm always looking for things to reduce the scarring. I use E45 too, but I love the cocoa butter formula especially - it smells so good!!

My DD is also using Bio Oil on her facial scar from when she was knocked down a few months ago.

I think it's working, although she has what they call 'tattooing' from the road surface, which will probably need laser treatment later.

The plastic surgeon recommended a simple exfoliant to reduce any milia that have formed with the scarring.

HTH

Bid :)