trekster

Is my anti depression treatment causing colds?

Hello

i read somewhere that lack of motivation type depression was caused by low histamines in my system. So i started drinking strawberry smoothie and strawberry products to combat this.

What effect do histamines have on the immune system? i ask because ive had a cold and cough for nearly 3 weeks and it's beyond a joke now. Im still sneezing randomly but i look OK. But im worried that my "kick up the backside" treatment is causing these colds to linger?

It could be that due to a recent death in my block and my come down from an incident last Thursday has affected me more than i thought.

Im worried in case i develop ME again since disturbed sleep patterns and a cold that doesnt go away were the 1st signs last time.

My fibro pains are much better and was wondering if 5htp can help with pain?

Alexis

Hi.I am not sure.However I also have a dreadful cough that has lasted nearly three weeks.My husband and elder son had it too although not too badly.Ben started with a virus [flu type] last week and also still has a cough.I have also noticed lots of people coughing.It may just be that one of the particular bugs working through the population happens to leave a cough behind.

Karen.

It could be more likely to do with your stress levels and high anxiety states, as these deplete the immune system.

Look at stratagies that help reduce the stress hormones, and I recommend doing deep breathing exercises, yoga, ti chi, meditation, walking if you like that, And I mean hills and mountain walking, and for a good couple of hours.

A good detox may also help, no caffine, alcohol, chocolate, ect.....

And lots of sleep as that is when our body repairs, so if your not sleeping, eating then this will also depleate the immune system.

Hope your feeling better soon, there is a heck of a lot of coughing here in the north too and too many are not covering their mouths, makes me so mad :wallbash: because Ive recovered from been unwell in the half term holiday.

JsMumxxx

It could be more likely to do with your stress levels and high anxiety states, as these deplete the immune system.

Look at stratagies that help reduce the stress hormones, and I recommend doing deep breathing exercises, yoga, ti chi, meditation, walking if you like that, And I mean hills and mountain walking, and for a good couple of hours.

Thanks for your support, ive got gaba and taurine to take for anxiety. Also my neighbour died a few weeks ago so that could be affecting things.

A good detox may also help, no caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, ect.....

i guess i could increase my organic food and healthier snacks for a while. Im fairly good with my diet as im gluten, dairy, msg, benzoate and aspartame free.

And lots of sleep as that is when our body repairs, so if your not sleeping, eating then this will also deplete the immune system.

Hope your feeling better soon, there is a heck of a lot of coughing here in the north too and too many are not covering their mouths, makes me so mad :wallbash: because Ive recovered from been unwell in the half term holiday.

JsMumxxx

Hope you are ok. i think i will try and spend as much time relaxing and recovering as possible. Thanks for your help.

Alexis