Sign in to follow this  
juliebusfreak

Predjudice towards Autism

What Barriesmart said was offensive, no question. However certain posters who seem to have appeared on the TES forum from this forum i.e Loucas/Lucas did not just say that Barriesmart was offensive, they then were rude to other people on the forum. There were several people on that forum who were hving a reasoned and sensible debate regarding Autism and ASBOs However someone has come onto this forum and dismissed the whole thread as disgusting and others have subsequently encouraged others to report people for things that they deem offensive.

It's great that this forum is polite and supportive but it's unfortunate that some of your members seem to want to go and cause unpleasantness on other forums. I don't think if you actually look at the thread that anyone, except barriesmart, has suggested that use of the term "dinky" is anything other than offensive. Yet anyone who disagreed with the premise that autists should never been given ASBOs was decried as somehow inhuman and unfit to be a teacher.

pop,

the last sentence of your post astounds me !

sorry if you feel I need to explain why (apart from to say it reminds me why I walked out of the staffroom of a CofE secondary school vowing never to return)

I know now I made the right decision.