Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

My laptop has amnesia...

My computer seems to have managed to forget every login detail and password it was remembering for me (like the ones to get onto this forum and other such sites). Some of them I can remember (unfortunately for all of you, I can remember my log in details for here :lol::ph34r:), so can type in (but it won't remember them/me), others I can't remember, because I've always relied on just clicking the box and it fills it all in for me so I can't log on to those sites. :(

I've recently installed a new programme and had lots of people prodding lots of things on my computer trying to make it work. I'm assuming someone's prodded the wrong thing, but I don't know what to re-prod to either bring back my un-remembered passwords, or at least make it remember them again so I can access the ones I can remember or get new login details for.

Any ideas? :unsure:

I think you probably need to 'enable cookies' in your web browser (internet explorer or whatever) if the thing you've just installed is a browser you'll ned to look at that! Chances are it's somewhere in your 'privacy' settings in your internet options (in IE that would be in the 'tools' menu at top r/h corner...

If a different browser, look in its help or online help for 'enable cookies'.

L&P

BD :D

Mmm cookies. :eat: Mumble likes cookies. :eat1:

Sorted, thanks :D It's remembering again, but still has long-term amnesia as it can't remember the ones it forgot, but as I get them back I can put them in again. I had changed the way I connect to the Internet, so that was probably the cause.

Thanks. :D