Lufty

Forum Upgrade

Dear All

I have finished testing the forum upgrade and revised backup procedures and will overnight upgrade the forum which will result in the forum being offline for a couple of hours.

I need to warn you that the forum upgrade gives a very new look and feel with many new features so it will take some time for us all to get used to it.

Also we need a new forum logo (or at least a different background to the existing one) if someone who is relatively arty would like to volunteer ?

Kind regards

Lufty

Dear All

The forum upgrade is now complete and everything appears to be working fine.

Please add to this topic with any comments or questions you have.

Kind regards

Lufty

Thanks Lufty!

Just to say that to see all the latest posts it's now callewd View New Content and is located top right just below the search facility.

Morning everyone

I am not getting a blank page when I post a new topic or a reply.

Can you describe the blank page in a little more detail please for instance do you see the header of the page etc. etc.

Many thanks

Lufty

I am having a go at finding my way around.

Ben [12 AS] who is not a Forum member yet but still has is opinions commented ''Not really a very good idea attempting a Forum overhall on a Forum for people most of whom don't like change is it ?''...... :D;)

I do like the new bright red cancel next to preview post though I am sure I can make plenty of use of that feature when I have an off day. :lol:

Morning everyone

I am not getting a blank page when I post a new topic or a reply.

Can you describe the blank page in a little more detail please for instance do you see the header of the page etc. etc.

Many thanks

Lufty

I got a completely blank page.When I clicked again the page had expired. :)

Karen.

Dear All

Whilst we work through the teething problems with the new software it is really important to receive any feedback whether negative or positive.

At the moment the only technical problem that has been reported is from a couple of members who are receiving a blank page after making a post or PM post. Can you please report back on whether you experience this issue or not so I can get a feel for how widespread the problem is and whether it is happening randomly, for specific browsers or specific members.

I think we will like the new look and feel once we get over the shock and find our way around however there was really no choice as we needed the latest version to keep us protected from security and hacking attempts.

Kind regards

Lufty

If you use the Delete Cookies option at the very bottom of the page it resolves the posting error. You will have to sign in again.

I like it, just need to get used to it.

If you use the Delete Cookies option at the very bottom of the page it resolves the posting error. You will have to sign in again.

I like it, just need to get used to it.

Thanks I will try that.

Out of interest does anyone know what the ''reputation'' bit on the member page is for.....just wondering whether mine will be good or bad. :devil::lol:

Edited by Karen A

Dear All

Whilst we work through the teething problems with the new software it is really important to receive any feedback whether negative or positive.

At the moment the only technical problem that has been reported is from a couple of members who are receiving a blank page after making a post or PM post. Can you please report back on whether you experience this issue or not so I can get a feel for how widespread the problem is and whether it is happening randomly, for specific browsers or specific members.

I think we will like the new look and feel once we get over the shock and find our way around however there was really no choice as we needed the latest version to keep us protected from security and hacking attempts.

Kind regards

Lufty

just posted elsewhere and it seems fixed now...

YEP!

and now using 'edit' to see if that's up to speed...

YEP!

Well done, lufty :thumbs:

Edited by baddad

love it have had a good look around and put on new aviator, but overall i think its great

theresa x

the new forum looks good, havent come across any specific issues yet, although I wanted to post a link to a specific topic in facebook but instead it posted a general link to the sites front page. Other than that it seems to be working okay.

Thanks I will try that.

Out of interest does anyone know what the ''reputation'' bit on the member page is for.....just wondering whether mine will be good or bad. :devil::lol:

There's a green plus button and a red minus button on the bottom right of each post, but it's not activated.

The upgrade is growing on me. :notworthy::D

Thanks for finding my avatar too.

Ben had offered to make me another but I do like the current one.

No longer get blank page when I post either.

Edit to add much faster this morning.However that might be because my lads are not up yet so I am not sharing the broadband. :D

Edited by Karen A

Hi Lufty.

I have mentioned this to Suze already whilst having a play with pm.

Are you and mods aware that pms now appear to have a ''report to mod '' facility ?. :)

Karen.

Dear All

The forum upgrade is now complete and everything appears to be working fine.

Please add to this topic with any comments or questions you have.

Kind regards

Lufty

Just a question which I ask with extremely mixed emotions. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I attempted a search this afternoon but could only access posts going back to about June.

Is this a cut off point before which it is no longer possible to access posts ?

It is just that previous posts include the ups and downs of my life in the last three years....

I have been working hard to move on with my life and it will be a relief to have some of the less good times wiped off the record.

However it has come as a surprise.

We have a bottle of wine so please let me know if my assumption is correct.

Thanks Karen. :)

Edited having worked it out myself after some time........ :blink::P

I think perhaps the search facility does not go back as far as the previous one but the threads are still there.Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Hi Karen A

If you try again now you should see that the search now works across the whole forum and not just recent posts.

Regards

Lufty

Hi Lufty.

I have mentioned this to Suze already whilst having a play with pm.

Are you and mods aware that pms now appear to have a ''report to mod '' facility ?. :)

Karen.

Useful for when we all get spammed I suppose :)

Hi Karen A

If you try again now you should see that the search now works across the whole forum and not just recent posts.

Regards

Lufty

Thankyou. :notworthy::notworthy::thumbs::thumbs:

I will try to find the thread I was searching for in the morning.

Karen.

Dunno whether I'm the only one who hasn't got it or if i'm the only one who ever used it or if it's just moved to somewhere else and i haven't spotted it yet, but there doesn't appear to be a 'go to top' or 'go to first post' button anymore (?). I'm sure i'll get used to 'navigating' in other ways, but i am missing it at the mo!

L&P

BD :D

Ha! forget it - I've just found it... It's under the 'English USA' button at the bottom of the page! Doh!

Edited by baddad

Not sure if this is a forum issue or an external Skype issue...

My date/time at the bottom of the front page and the date/time of some posts (but not all :unsure:) comes up as a Skype phone number rather than as the date / time as they should.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to get rid of it?

Also, I think in the old forum, where is said next to a topic in the i.e. General Forum list 'Last post by (i.e.) Mumble', you used to be able to click on 'Mumble' and it went to that last post, but now it goes to the individual's profile instead - doesn't really matter, will just take some getting used to and there's probably some people now who are wondering why it looks like I've been stalking them!! :lol: :lol:

Also, there used to be a 'go to top' button on each post rather than right at the bottom of the screen - this was really useful for long topics - any chance of getting it back? :unsure: