Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Kicked Out!

The forum keeps kicking me out and forgetting who I am, even though I have 'remember me' ticked. :( I'm getting old, and remembering my name and password ain't easy... :lol: :lol:

Is this happening to anyone else, or is someone trying to give me a hint? :whistle: It's only been since I've had my new 'puter which has rather too many 'issues' so is most likely the computer, but thought I'd check before adding it to my list of things for the computer peeps to fix. :)

firstly, which browser do you use and secondly check your cache, and cookie settings as well as password retention etc, as some browsers are set to clear all details cookies etc as a safety precaution, however you can change this.

firstly, which browser do you use

Internet Explorer (8?)

secondly check your cache

:unsure: My catch is very poor - I'm dyspraxic. :lol: (Sorry, probably an inappropriate joke moment - what's a cache?)

cookie settings

Double chocolate chip. :eat1: - how do I do this? And when I find them, what should they be?

password retention

How do I check this too?

some browsers are set to clear all details cookies etc as a safety precaution, however you can change this.

I'm not kicked out of other sites though - my email remembers me, Facebook remembers me, etc. It's just here that doesn't like me. :(

LOL love your answers, you never fail to make me smile :D

Right you have IE8.... if your happy with it then stick to what you know.

Now the Cache (think saying moustache sound miss the moust keep the ache bit and add a c sound like ca before ache therefore cache) the cache is a temporary memory reserve for the application (Internet explorer 8) to remember page details, passwords, history etc.

Don't worry about what I said too much,

It seems it may have something to do with the coding of the website conflicting with a setting on your 'puter.

also Try firefox 3.6 as it is very simple, works better with firewalls and remembers passwords, etc with more variations of website coding.

Is this making any sense or is it still 'double chocolate chip'? LOL

bruce x

The forum keeps kicking me out and forgetting who I am, even though I have 'remember me' ticked. :( I'm getting old, and remembering my name and password ain't easy... :lol: :lol:

Is this happening to anyone else, or is someone trying to give me a hint? :whistle: It's only been since I've had my new 'puter which has rather too many 'issues' so is most likely the computer, but thought I'd check before adding it to my list of things for the computer peeps to fix. :)

That is happening to me too. It is since I spoke to someone at Dell and told them that my computer respone time was very slow. They went through my settings with me and deleted alot of stuff. Now I have to keep logging into everything every time I visit the site.