Sign in to follow this  
bid

Meg update

Just to give my old friends on here an update about Meg's hand.

Yesterday for the first time she managed to raise her hand up from the wrist :thumbs::notworthy::wub::wub::wub:

We can't believe it...that's one operation and 21 months of OT since the accident!!

Bid :D

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

That is a good pre-christmas boost for you all.

I can't believe where time has gone either but then it only appears to me to be yesterday since the last lot of snow. :lol:

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone :D

She actually put her hair up today, using her bad hand without its splint!

Just got to keep on with the OT, as this next bit is the hardest: functioning should return finger by finger, starting with her little finger and thumb last of all. I think it's going to be over two years on from the accident before we know if she will get full functioning back, but the surgical team and OT are very pleased with her progress.

Have to say, the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital where she had her surgery to rejoin the radial nerve last December have been fantastic. She sees the surgical team every 3 months, and the same OT once a month, who has built up a fantastic relationship with us. Really couldn't be happier with her treatment. And even had a 4 day turnaround when I applied for DLA, from them getting the forms to the money being in the bank! So for once, the system has really delivered on all fronts for us.

Thanks again guys,

Bid :)

That's fantastic, Bid! :thumbs::tearful:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> to Meg from me.

She's still so young and growing, hope the recovery continues to be steady. Really encouraging to hear about the system functioning at its best after all the negative publicity the NHS and DWP seem to get these days.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Really great news Bid (only just seen this). It must be such a relief after all this time. Another one here who can't believe it's nearly two years.

Thanks for updating.

Karen

x