Sign in to follow this  
rickT

Adult Aspergers

Hi

First of all, thanks for a great forum, I posted some questions on behalf of my son who is autistic and received some very valuable help.

The reason I'm posting this is because, for some time, since reading up on ASD I have felt that I have Aspergers. The material I read up on about ASD, Aspergers in particular, seemed to be refering to myself more than any other family member.

To get to the point...Is there a forum or area that I can communicate with other adults who have been through a similar process?

Regards,

Rick T

Australia

Hi Rick

Here are two that I know of http://www.aspires-relationships.com/index.html Aspires have a mailing list and there are lots of adults with AS on the list also this one http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/ There is a space on this forum for people with AS to talk to others with AS.

Hope this helps?

Carole

Hi Rick I know the feeling I have some traits very similar to my son.The aspies for freedom forum Carole mentioned is really good. :thumbs:

Hey! I am an adult with Asperger's!! :lol: I'm almost 25, and wasn't diagnosed with the condition until I was 20. :)

Once I was diagnosed (even though getting to that stage took rather a long time - :blink:), it took barely an hour of sitting and chatting with a psychiatrist before he decided that I was indeed an Aspie. That was all there was to it. He then handwrote his diagnosis onto paper and handed it to me, and that was it! :wacko: The rest is history! :D

James

Hello!

As a matter of fact, I possess all the major symptoms of the Asperger Syndrome, including special interests and an uneven intelligence profile, to mention a couple of the traits.

Indeed, you are very welcome to communicate as I very much like to communicate with other suffering from the same syndrom.

Best wishes,

Andreas