Sign in to follow this  
caroles

what do you thing of that post ?Autism and mito

Forgot to say ,It's a link,about autism and the mitochondrial function,this doctor think that up to 20% of autism is conected with mitocondrial disfuntion.Don't understand all the medical terms,etc,

What do you think>?

My son definitely has something wrong with his metabolism. Now that his immune system is working we are looking into this. We're a long way off from doing anything about it though.

Edited by call me jaded

I once again choose to side with the belief that it is Autism affecting the thingy and not the other way round. I say most Autistics have a degree of control over themselves which they are ignorant of.

Hmmm the chicken and egg question. Or cause and effect.

Does my son's autism affect his immune system, or is it because his immune system is up the creak that he's autistic?

All I know is when his immune system started working he became less autistic in a very positive way. And as I believe there is an autistic core in all of us, I'm not looking for a cure.

Not sure about the degree of control over immune system or metabolism, Lucas. Care to enlighten me?