Sign in to follow this  
KarenT

Feelings and Emotions dvd

I've been sent this link by a SALT as a possible way of approaching J's deficits in understanding and expressing emotions. The SALT hasn't seen it herself, nor does she know anyone who has used it. I'd consider paying if people had had positive experiences of it but otherwise it seems a lot to pay.

Has anyone on here used this, or have their children used it in therapy sessions at school/elsewhere?

http://www.loggerheadpublishing.co.uk/products-page/feelings-emotions-resources-10/feelings-and-emotions-dvd-ref023k/

Hope it's OK to post the link on here - I'm not familiar with the rules about such things these days.

Thanks

Karen

x

I've been sent this link by a SALT as a possible way of approaching J's deficits in understanding and expressing emotions. The SALT hasn't seen it herself, nor does she know anyone who has used it. I'd consider paying if people had had positive experiences of it but otherwise it seems a lot to pay.

Has anyone on here used this, or have their children used it in therapy sessions at school/elsewhere?

http://www.loggerheadpublishing.co.uk/products-page/feelings-emotions-resources-10/feelings-and-emotions-dvd-ref023k/

Hope it's OK to post the link on here - I'm not familiar with the rules about such things these days.

Thanks

Karen

x

Hi karen -

TBH I think your S&LT is just chucking it out there 'cos she hasn't got anything else to offer you! Seems a bit daft to me to be circulating info on a resource this exepensive when he/she knows absolutely nowt about it.

I know absolutely nothing about it either, but the website appears to be an 'educational publisher', so it would probably be a good place to start by asking school/other schools if they use any of the company's products and if so what they think of them. Any SEN school with high numbers of children with emotional/social recognition issues might already have a copy, or possibly even willing to invest some of their budget in a copy you could then go and see in action? The S&LT person might be able to point you to some schools who fit the bill.

If that fails, you could try giving the publisher a ring and see if they do a 'demo' version - lots of software does these days, either running as 'time limited' demos or with only the basic features.

Paying £75.00 to 'suck it and see' seems a bit extreme for a one off purchaser, so I'd defintely want to see some testimonials (ooer missus) or a demo first.

Hopefully, someone else will come along with some first hand knowledge, but HTH

L&P

BD

Thanks Baddad. Good idea to contact schools etc and ask if they've used it. I'm meeting with the Autism Outreach teacher next week so will ask her too.

I haven't seen the SALT for months. At our last meeting she suggested we continue with what we were already doing with an Emotions Vocabulary and give it some time before changing things. That's worked quite well and J is better at recognising feelings both in himself and others, though he still has difficulties with expressing his own opinions and thoughts. Not sure if it's worth investing £75 on another Emotions tool if he's already making good progress with the paper resources we're using already, which might be better invested in getting the SALT to encourage this aspect of his communication development. Small steps again, as ever :lol:

Thanks again

Karen

x