Sign in to follow this  
hev

thought it was obsession

steve has lots of little habits that he does and they usually pass,like squinting,flicking fingers etc,the latest one was scratching down below and i thought this will pass like the last one,i tried to get him to stop though as it wasent very nice for him in public,my dad said i should take him to docs as it must be sore but i kept thinking no it will pass soon. i took him today though and it turns out hes got an infection like atheletes foot and i feel awful cos i didnt realise,i just thought it was a habit,ive moaned at him lately as well cos it was terrible him doing it outside,,im always getting it wrong with him,i feel i should be more aware of it all by now but it all goes wrong

Hi Hev.

It's not your fault, you do your best for your son and if we get things wrong sometimes we can learn from them, I bet it won't happen again. It can be so hard to tell what is going on with our children sometimes it's no wonder we get things wrong. Take comfort in the fact that it's all sorted out now and if you got it so wong it wouldn't be.

A few big >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you and steve.

Viper.

I can remember listening to the Radio last summer and a Nurse wanted a request played for his son;he'd missed the fact that the boy had FRACTURED his arm!!!You've some way to go before you need to worry!!!xx

Guest flutter

You are beating yourself up for what reason??

it can take time to work out what is goin on!

We are all stressed, and try to ignore many things, without wondering if they are "unusual"

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

behave,

bet it sorted in about 2 days if that!

C x

I think we've all been there at some point

My sons toe walking got worse, I just thought part of his Autism, nope he had a big blister :oops:

Noone is perfect and we all make mistakes the main thing is to learn by them

Hey, hev. Look at me ...

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...indpost&p=28288

... I don't think a whole lot of myself either! You're certainly not alone. >:D<<'>

James

>:D<<'> Unless you'd been conducting inspections 'down below' there is no way you could possibly have guessed. Besides, if we could diagnose these kinds of things for ourselves we wouldn't need doctors in the first place!!!

It's not your fault, Hev. >:D<<'>

Agree with everyone else. We have all done something like this I'm sure. I know I have, on more than one occassion - so I'm not perfect who is?

Kaz

I think every parent has had moments where they think their child has just become unbearable only to discover that the child was getting sick (at least *I* have!). We do our best but we can't be right 100% of the time! Hugs to you and don't beat yourself up.

My mum had a fall on a bus a few months ago. She has no feeling in one foot and stumbled backwards. We were very concerned becuse she injured the foot she can't feel.

What also happened was that as she fell she knocked Com against a bar - he went 'ow!' and he had a bruise on his arm but I didn't think much more about it - much more worried about my mum (who was OK)

10 days later he went back to school and started to complain that his arm ached!

fortunately, the break had knitted straight!

the doctors were pretty heavy at first but his notes do say he doesn't feel pain properly

talk about guilt - :oops:

Zemanski