Sign in to follow this  
seeking-sanity

feedback meeting

Hi everyone

We have got a late availability feedback meeting tomorrow to discuss the dx and to ask any questions we have, at the meeting will be consultant, salt, psychologist,

Has anyone else been to one of these meetings?? dont know what to expect and my husband and I feel really nervous, J's not allowed to be with us, at the moment we are going through a really rough time with his behaviour etc. We also have a meeting with the lea next week to do with his assessment or lack of it! So I know we have loads of questions, so why cant we think of any??

Anyone got any suggestions?? This is are one and only chance of having all the meds in one room.

Any help would be really apprecciated, as my brain just aint working at the moment and im really worried we are going to go in there with nothing.

Sorry for the waffle.

Thanks

I would imagine they will feedback their feelings and opinions to you. I would also think that they have alreay talked to each other about their feelings?

I also think that you will find that when they begin to feedback you will automatically find questions that you want to ask. I did with David. You here them speaking and you just know when you have to make a point or ask a question.

What you find out tomorrow will hopefully help with an assessment in school? So try and write down any questions that will help that happen. Maybe - will you be writing to the school now and can we rely on your support. Some medics even go into the schools now, well they do where I live. The big issue at the moment is working together. I think that you need them to document your sons specific needs as clearly as they can at this point.

Carry a book around with you today and if anything pops into your head then write it down.

Carole

Thanks Carole, still fell really nervous, but I think you're right when we get there I'm sure the questions will come to us, worst think is J won't be with anyone but us so hes coming and sitting in the waiting room, so I shall have to keep popping out to him as well!

Thanks again Carole.