Sign in to follow this  
hev

doctor wont take me back

ive moved about half hour on bus from my old doctors and i got a letter yrsterday saying they cannot keep me as their paitent as im too far away,the trouble is steven feels very comfy with that doctor and so do i,has anyone else had this?

I would suggest that you try and arrange a meeting with the GP to discuss this, I know that in certain circumstances GP's will keep patients from outside of their area, this happened with my brother in law to enable continuity of care, and I think that you will have a case for this as well, if Steven is happy about seeing your current GP and you need this support and continuity of care I would try and argue your case ..

HHxx

Hi

We moved ayear ago about 10 mins from our previous house and we received a letter from our gps saying we were not within their area anymore and would have to find alternative gps, we desperately tried to argue our case for the same reasons(although didnt have dx at the time), also I have M.S and J and I felt really content with the gps there, but Im afraid we got no where and had to move GPs in the end.

I hope you have better luck, its worth a try, a different area might be better.

Saying all this, I must say though, although it took a while J has built up a good relationship with one of the GPs.

Good luck.

A friend of mine has been able to stay with her out of area GP by saying she will not ever call a GP out to do a home call and will always go to the surgery, she's not got any dx of anything just has a fear of doctors and its the only one she will see